Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I made a post on here a couple of weeks ago, and upon the suggestion from a few people that JPS cigarettes are the way forward in terms of saving money, I decided to give them a try. I brought a pack of JPS Blues and I have to say they are the worst cigarettes I've ever smoked. They burn rediculously quickly, they taste somewhat chemically (I know that's a bit of a contradiction, but the taste is just not nice), and they are generally just unpleasent cigarettes, even the physical quality of them is poor. They are rediculously short too.

So, can anyone suggest a budget brand that has a resonable taste and slow burning? Marlboro Lights is my favourite cigarette, but I can't really afford them any more.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    i tell you what, it's actually cheaper and better for your health if you don't smoke.x

ReputationRep:
    Rollies?

ReputationRep:
    yea there's a brand called Quitting there really cheap .......

ReputationRep:
    Mayfair. I smoke Marlboro normally but when I'm strapped for cash it's what I get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    i tell you what, it's actually cheaper and better for your health if you don't smoke.x
    Wow, you've just saved my life. Thanks, that's a real revalation to me, if you hadn't have told me I'd have never known. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Can people get off their stupid high horse and crawl back in their holes and spout their patronising and rather boring health lectures elsewhere please.

Rollies are by far the cheapest way forward, I've just moved onto them, got myself a rolling machine as well.

ReputationRep:
    haha omg that's really funy and original omg i bet the op didn't know that.

Rollies are alot cheaper. I hate them, though. I frankly can't think of anything - Marlboro lights are as low as I'd spend on a pack of smokes.

ReputationRep:
    Because he needs you to lecture him from your high horse.

ReputationRep:
    I love it when people come to these kind of threads, get on their soapbox, and start telling people how to live their lives, spouting off trite lines.

How about I tell you to study something other than psychology, because it's not a real science and people laugh inside when you tell them you're going to study it at university.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah rollies are probably your best bet.
    Might even be cheaper to get baccy from a 'proper' smoking shop if you're near one - we got some lush peach baccy which worked out a bit cheaper than the normal branded stuff

ReputationRep:
    Tobacco free paper kind.

ReputationRep:
    lol richmonds ....... arent they the cheapest ever ?????

ReputationRep:
    Oh I feel for you, JPS are horrible! My mum smokes them so she knows I wont steal :laughing: I usually smoke Marlboro too, but my boyfriend smokes Balmoral, they're only £4.07 or sth and they're ok, don't taste of much, but they're better than nothing!

ReputationRep:

I was going to say that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smash and grab)
    Yeah rollies are probably your best bet.
    Might even be cheaper to get baccy from a 'proper' smoking shop if you're near one - we got some lush peach baccy which worked out a bit cheaper than the normal branded stuff
    This.

Get some flavoured rolling paper, too. And don't use a roach or a filter

ReputationRep:
    just dont get Camels! rough as a badger's arse, seriously.

ReputationRep:
    smokers are idiots!

hoi hoi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    This.

Get some flavoured rolling paper, too. And don't use a roach or a filter
    Green Apple Juicy Jay's :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Under the counter. Cheap as chips.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.