Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My last post...
    Me and this guy I was seeing just broke up, he told me that he felt that we wanted different things. A week ago before I went to visit him in Bristol he was the one who said lets go on holiday etc and I just suggest some stuff when I was wit him and he said that scared him? and it was his fault, he shouldn't of suggest it in the first place...
    When we were together he told me he was falling for me, and that I should tell him how i feel, when i do, he would get scared.
    is constantly playing 'hot and cold' with me.

The last day I was with him, he was texting this girl, he went out to get coffee and an hour later he showed up. He went on fb and the girl who he was texting popped up on his chat and said 'stop following me' I obviously questioned him and he said I was being paranoid. And before we broke up I went on his profile and she left him a ': ) x' which even got me more paranoid. He knows the reason why I get paranoid cos of my ex cheating on me, we talked for hours abbout it, but yet he still doesn't understand and use it against me.

On the phone he continued to say that he was unhappy, which had nothing to do with me but he is unhappy with his degree he is in his last year, he didnt do well at his presentation, he doesnt know what job to get etc. And that he cant see a future with us.

He said it was best that we didnt talk to each other anymore, and he deleted me off his facebook. I message him some jobs that he can apply for after uni and i text him that, he didnt reply back to say thank you or anything. I just feel like crap, the way he just cut me out of his life like I meant nothing. We broke up before, and he didnt delete me off fb and we still chatted and thats how we got back togther but now, he just doesnt care.

I don't know how someone can change their mind so quickly and just forget.
    He completely cut me off and i feel like its my fault. He wants nothing to do with me.

UPDATE...

The girl that left him a message on fb saying "x" is now his girlfriend after two days! When i asked him to be listed in a rship with me on fb, he agreed then he turned around and said that he couldnt handle it as his friends were asking him loads of questions...so he deleted it.
    Now i saw that he is listed with her, 10 million questions are flying thru my mind. He wont reply to my text and the only time he did was to say 'If i told u, you wouldnt believe me and you will get mad. So just leave me alone'

I dont know what to do, maybe he didnt physically cheat but it must have been going on for abit for him to be listed in a rship with her. I feel like a fool. I just been crying and now my eyes has gone all puffy!! I hate that!!

Yeah I know I am going to cut contact. I just didn't expect him to be so immature about it.
    Then again, do i have the right to be mad? I mean, its not his fault he never cared about me and he found someone else. I wish he could of said that. Maybe i am overreacting? aaaaaaaaaaaah my head. He still won't tell me if he cheated on me or how long its being going on. He thinks that I will get mad, so he doesn't want to tell me. Which i find incredibly selfish!

ReputationRep:
    I think that you should just walk away from him. Even if he hasn't cheated or done anything wrong he is still messing you arounf and you should be treated better than that.
    He doesn't seem to want to tell you wtf is going on so another option you could try if you don't want to walk away is to tell him he has to make a decision. Not in an ultimatim way but in a way that shows that you want to know where you stand. If he does say that he wants to be with you will you have enough trust within you to be able to trust him. Without trust there is no relationship at the end of the day. Can you guarantee that the other girl won't still be on the scene if he decides he wants you?

So I think your best answer is to just walk away, there are plenty more fishes in the sea so you will find one where you know where you stand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    I think that you should just walk away from him. Even if he hasn't cheated or done anything wrong he is still messing you arounf and you should be treated better than that.
    He doesn't seem to want to tell you wtf is going on so another option you could try if you don't want to walk away is to tell him he has to make a decision. Not in an ultimatim way but in a way that shows that you want to know where you stand. If he does say that he wants to be with you will you have enough trust within you to be able to trust him. Without trust there is no relationship at the end of the day. Can you guarantee that the other girl won't still be on the scene if he decides he wants you?

So I think your best answer is to just walk away, there are plenty more fishes in the sea so you will find one where you know where you stand.

He doesn't want me, he is with her. But he told me he doesn't want commitment but he is now committed to her. It makes me feel like poo! I want to walk away but he wont give me answers like how long they have been seeing each other? was she the reason why he broke up with me? etc. He wont answer me cos he thinks i will get Mad but i have the right to be, he lied to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisvolatpropriis)

I dont know what to do
    Its pretty clear to me after reading all that, and im sure it will be to everyone else who reads it.

Cut all contact with him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisvolatpropriis)
    He doesn't want me, he is with her. But he told me he doesn't want commitment but he is now committed to her. It makes me feel like poo! I want to walk away but he wont give me answers like how long they have been seeing each other? was she the reason why he broke up with me? etc. He wont answer me cos he thinks i will get Mad but i have the right to be, he lied to me.

I know you want answers but whilst you keep going after them the longer it will take for you to move on. Just forget about losers like him as it doesn't seem like you will get the answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    I know you want answers but whilst you keep going after them the longer it will take for you to move on. Just forget about losers like him as it doesn't seem like you will get the answers.

Thank you, I will try. I think that's my closure not getting answers. It jst hurts cos I never realise how selfish he can actually be.

I think it's vaguely clear that he was either cheating on you or he was definitely after someone else. He broke up with you and hopped straight into another relationship - it's as if he used you

I don't think you will get answers out of him. But do you really want to know the truth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheep88)
    I think it's vaguely clear that he was either cheating on you or he was definitely after someone else. He broke up with you and hopped straight into another relationship - it's as if he used you

I don't think you will get answers out of him. But do you really want to know the truth?

Yeah I do want to know the truth. I want to know how long I have been playing a fool for. He said he can't tell me cos i will get mad and i wont believe him, so he just wants to be left alone. I find the incredibly selfish then again, i feel like crap. He said he didnt want to be listed in a rship with me over fb cos he is scared of commitment and what others will say and now, he is listed with her just 2 days after we broke up. He wont even talk to me about it.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like he was just hanging onto you until a 'better offer' came along!! as terrible as that sounds, i think its true.

I've experienced that, and it hurts, especially when you're given promises and excuses... blah blah blah.

You've realised you need to cut all ties - good on you. If he tries contacting you, be strong, otherwise he'll come back to you next time he's single.

You've already tried getting the truth and he blocked it, so i think your best bet is just to accept what you know, and assume its been going on for a while... might make it easier for you to move on rather than hanging onto 'what if nothing happened beforehand?' - the what if's will destroy you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suicidal_dream)
    sounds like he was just hanging onto you until a 'better offer' came along!! as terrible as that sounds, i think its true.

I've experienced that, and it hurts, especially when you're given promises and excuses... blah blah blah.

You've realised you need to cut all ties - good on you. If he tries contacting you, be strong, otherwise he'll come back to you next time he's single.

You've already tried getting the truth and he blocked it, so i think your best bet is just to accept what you know, and assume its been going on for a while... might make it easier for you to move on rather than hanging onto 'what if nothing happened beforehand?' - the what if's will destroy you.

Yeah, the thing, I have already been through this before with my last ex. So it doesnt hurt as much. Thank you for your advice:cool:

ReputationRep:
    He seems to be someone who totally isn't worth it to be with a relationship with, just stop thinking about it and move on, he is someone who is mad himself as he won't even tell you what is happening, there is no point at all trying to figure out the truth as it ain't worth it, even if he ever wants you back then don't accept him! You shouldn't need to worry about the past and look for another guy, there is always a reason why broken relationships in the past doesn't make it to the future so don't worry and move on and be happy as you are better off without him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dchatterjee1)
    He seems to be someone who totally isn't worth it to be with a relationship with, just stop thinking about it and move on, he is someone who is mad himself as he won't even tell you what is happening, there is no point at all trying to figure out the truth as it ain't worth it, even if he ever wants you back then don't accept him! You shouldn't need to worry about the past and look for another guy, there is always a reason why broken relationships in the past doesn't make it to the future so don't worry and move on and be happy as you are better off without him

Thank you. Tis true, i think he is abit mad! lol. I just feel abit low atm, i thought we connected and he told me he loved me. Looks like it was just a game.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.