Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know that at for example, Uni. of Essex, my friend stays in all girls hall. I'm not sure however if she chose to do so or was allocated this choice.

Do you get a choice of single/mixed-gender halls? Information on this from anyone who already attends Pompey = appreciated

ReputationRep:
    The only single sex hall is Bateson Hall, where its arranged into flats for 4-6. All of the others as far as I'm aware are mixed.

Go here for more info: http://www.port.ac.uk/studentlife/ac...ence/guildhall

ReputationRep:
    Bateson is not a single sex hall but like the poster above me said, they do have single sex flats.

ReputationRep:
    I have friends who are In langstone who live in single sex

ReputationRep:
    When you apply for accom. you can specify that you want a single-sex flat.
    Now I'm not sure how often this is listed to by the housing officers but I think it is because I know of pleanty single sex flats in different blocks.
    And a strongly suggest you ask for it. I made a HUGE mistake by not doing it!

Anyway if you have housing problems, then the welfare officer is lovely and so is the whole student housing team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aces&Diamonds)
    Aww thanks. Why did you not like living in mixed-gender halls?? How come?
    You're welcome - just make sure you read through all the info you are given with the halls pack and get it back quickly and you should be fine

We've had a LOT of problems with the boys in our flat.
    It's just not something you want to deal with when your moving to a new city and already have so much to cope with.
    So honestly if you think you will be better off in single-sex accom, then go for it.
    The girls in my flat are the best and we all get along great but I just know it would be so much better if it was all girls.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.