Turn on thread page Beta

a few things [well currently one because I'm lazy] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    a few things that have been bugging me on this forum as of late, and because I feel in a setting to world to rights mode here goes …

“If you ain’t gainin’ – You ain’t eating”

Whilst it is important to eat an excess of calories, it’s not always the case.

Firstly not everyone needs 5,000+ calories to grow, a lot of people, even slimline people can gain on 2,500-3,500, again it’s just down to the individual

Better solution would be – add 500 calories/week and go from there.

You’re eating enough, ok …

Are you training hard/heavy enough? Are your training sessions intense enough, and by intense I mean the workload/density, intensity isn’t measured by how hard you scream or how much it ‘burns’ but whether or not the training you do is causing sufficient microtrauma

Lastly … do you have realistic expectations?

Don’t expect to add on 20lbs in a month or whatever, even 1lb/week which might not sound like a lot, can’t be maintained in the long-term

At least not muscle gains

In realistic terms, newbies can gain 1lb/week (or maybe more) but after that, 1lb/month is more along the lines of what is achievable by the majority naturally.

Ok I’m bored of typing now lol

I’ll add more as/when I can be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    If I were to eat 2000calories a day, I would be in negative weight by the end of the week

ReputationRep:
    I have reached 2500kcals by 10am

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.