Turn on thread page Beta

Who else can't standing talking on the phone/MSN watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I hate talking to people on the phone, as soon as I pick it up I'm just wishing for the conversation to end.

I always find it awkward talking to people on the phone and can never say something interesting to make the conversation carry on and I just find my self repeating "so how are you then.....".

On the other hand when I talk to them in person, I'm way more sociable.

Does anybody else experience this?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I don't answer. I just watch it ring and hope someone else will answer. And on my msn all but about 10 people are blocked. I am terrible at that type of communication.

ReputationRep:
    im exactly same
    i get really pissed of when the phone rings and I have to answer it

MSN is boring.
    Phones are ok though. Better than IM but not as good as face-to-face contact, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    I think ive blocked everyone on my msn

ReputationRep:
    * I meant to say can't STAND- sorry guys it's 2.50 am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    * I meant to say can't STAND- sorry guys it's 2.50 am
    its also 2.50 am for me, so i didnt notice

ReputationRep:
    MSN is okay as long as I initiate the conversation... if it's the other way around, I most likely don't want to talk to you so err... it gets so awkward. @[email protected]

Hate chatting on the phone though. Wtf, I don't want to talk nonstop when I am doing other things.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the same, they don't bother me at all, but the title reminded me I always walk around when I'm on the phone, I can't sit still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNightmareSSJ3Broly)
    its also 2.50 am for me, so i didnt notice
    Nor did I.

Btw, yeah I hate speaking on the phone.
    You both try and speak at the same time then its like "oh what sorry?" and then a nervous laugh. The phone signal goes bad so you can't fully understand etc. I've learned to dread phonecalls!

Much prefer face-to-face.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible on the phone. Good on msn.

ReputationRep:
    I like to talk on the phone, but I hate the fact that, now that I'm on the summer holidays, my dad calls me every 5 minutes to "check up on me". Argh.
    But I do like to talk on MSN, because I can say things that I wouldn't normally be able to say face-to-face.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.