Turn on thread page Beta

Can I get a loan after dropping out and now returning with larger fees? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

Well I went to university from 2005-2006 and completed my first year. I then enrolled in 2006-2007, but dropped out in February 2007 (halfway through my second year).

I have spoken to university and they have said that I am OK to go back into my second year (obviously capped), but will now have to pay the 3600 fee, which when I was there in 2006/2007 was only 1600.

Anyway, that is not so much of an issue, what I am wondering is whether or not the Loan Company will lend me any money to go back and do my second year? I know that i am entitled to 4 years of support, and I would presume that they would count this year as my third year of support? Although unsure what they will say about the increased fee, etc..

Anyone been in same situation? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    In this case, you should be ok. Providing that the two years you done before were the only HE course you've done, you'll be ok for fee support. If you have to repeat any years now though, you're likely to be restricted.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that is why I asked as I have already enrolled on my second year and dropped out. So I was planning to re-enroll for my second year, not do the gap year and then go straight to the forth year...

So my 4 years funding would look like this:
    Year 1 - Done with 72% average in 2005/2006
    Year 2 - Dropped out in 2006/2007
    Year 2 - Re-Enroll 2009/2010
    Year 4 - Enroll in 2010/2011

Not sure if that is possible though? University have said I can join the second year and obviously I will begin revision around March... If not I guess I am going to need to fund it myself, but it would be cool to hear if people have managed to do this?

ReputationRep:
    Just got off phone with them, they said it should all be fine... hmmm And that I need to fill out a PR1 form middle of February.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.