How Do I Get a Job for Summer? Watch

david89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Basically, I'm at university now and I'm really in need of a job over summer in my hometown - how do I go about applying to places and when should I start?
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
of the jobs ive had 3 have come from family connections.
and ive only ever had 4 jobs!
see what your parents can do,
its not what you know, its who you know.
PunkyFish-x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Try the supermarkets!
suicidal_dream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
depending on when your term ends, i'd suggest applying 2/3 months before the end of your year.

My term ends at the end of june, so i tend to apply over the easter holidays to places.

Supermarkets, garden centres, tourist attractions... all employ over the summer. Send out your cv/application forms with personalised cover letters to each company - make yourself seem attractive from the first look!
SamCool
Report 9 years ago
Hi guys, I am also trying for a job, but I am a little nervous considering the credit crunch. I think the CVs are the first impression on the recruiters so it should look very attractive. Does anyone have an idea, how many pages a good CV should contain?
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
do u live near a theme park/zoo
LeedsStude1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go on big stores' websites and download an application form. If there is none on the website, go in store. Fill them in, hand them to the store you want to work for. Then cross your fingers they;ll ring you before summer and offer you a job! Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (66)
19.94%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (134)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (131)
39.58%

Watched Threads