6th form Attendence Watch

*LJS*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Is it true that you wont be accepted for uni if your attendence iss lower than 94%:confused:
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, its not true. Although i think some college's use the threat of not writing you a refrence if you have low attendance.
Charlski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you have a very poor attendance record (an unexplained one), it will probably go in your reference, and that will count against you.
iamtheeggman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, my college attendance was appalling i.e. 64% in one lesson and i still got accepted to Leeds, Sheffield, York, Birmingham and Manchester.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The only way unis would know is if your referee mentioned it, and most colleges have a policy of only mentioning positive things. They can write negative things, but since there's probably a lot of other good stuff to mention they're unlikely to want to use the limited space in that way. If you were really bad they might mention it anyway, though.

But there isn't any rule or a "magic figure".
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
your college may threaten to kick you out if your attendance falls below a certain percentage
Meeee :)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My attendence was less than 75% last year but i've still had offers from uni's
La Esmerelda
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got accepted and my attendance is somewhere in the 70's-80s.
Nynyflower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My attendance was awful and I got 4 offers!
Konnifer
Report 9 years ago
It depends if you have a legit reason for being absent a lot. But 94% attendance? That's still pretty high, I don't know many people from my 6th Form who were there that much haha.
xkarenlouisex
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol dont even start on attendance mine for first year of 6th form was something like 58 % hence why i nearli got chucked out but got offers still even tho predicted grades are crap done my retake tho fingers crossed ive turned it around =D:o:
ningasheep12345
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by *LJS*)
Is it true that you wont be accepted for uni if your attendence iss lower than 94%:confused:
Yes that is true, although some universities have higher requirements. Plus if you are caught talking more than 16 times in 6th form, then you wont be allowed into university.
Darkshine
Report 9 years ago
Its highly unlikely, the only place they would be able to find out such information is in your referance, however its unlikely your tutor would mention anything in your referance as its in your college's best interest just as yours to be able to brag about getting people into top uni's, if you are worried just ask to see your referance before your tutor puts it on (or ask someone you know who won't put it on to write your referance).

your college may threaten to kick you out if your attendance falls below a certain percentage
Thats only a theory, they only really put it into practice if its really affecting your performance. My tutors were always on at me about mine however they didn't mention a thing in my referance.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My school try to scare us into having 95% + attendance by telling us there is a space on the ucas form for them to fill in saying how many days we have been at school/ how many days we could have been at school. And they insist they mention it in the reference as well.
mollymustard
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nope, this is one of the biggest myths ever. Often the referee will talk about attendance in their reference, but if its awful they can always edit it out.
I was off around 2 days a week in early Year 13 due to depression so they just left it out of mine, and noone ever said anything about it.
worthers
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We don't even take registers correctly in my school. I go to all my lessons, but my official attendance is only around 20%. This is completely a myth.
~Viola~
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hope not, my attendence is bad because I've had so many hospital appointments.
Jsbartlett
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My attendance is around 50 - 60%, and has been so since As, currently in A2.

Targetted AAAAA, achieved AAAAA at AS.

Grades are well up with targets and i am doing subjects where i can self teach - maths, further maths, chemistry and business and ict in as.

don't really go to maths lessons. started going school, they gave me a good reference and said my attendance was good. then i stopped going again and they threatened to write to all my unis.

it annoys me because its not effecting my grades but they don't want their records to look bad
zeberdeee
Report 9 years ago
its rubbish, my attendance was always between 50 and 60 % and ive had 3 conditionals and no rejections, its just a threat from the college so youll turn up and it looks good on their reports
Phobia27
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There is no way of universities finding out about your attendance unless your referee mentions it.

However I wouldn't recommend skiving off half your lessons now, better attendance means better references and better chance of getting the grades you want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed