why is it like pulling teeth getting boys to ask you out? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
i've been seeing a guy for a while, and to all intents and purposes we are 'together'. he's not seeing anyone else, he doesn't want me to see anyone else, we're sleeping together, we go on 'dates', we're affectionate with eachother. so when does it become a relationship? as far as i'm concerned we are kind of in one, but he doesn't think we are apparently. whatever happened to meeting someone, liking them and making them your girlfriend without a long period of umming and ahhhing and deciding?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Some people are put off by the seriousness of making it an offical 'relationship'

It sounds like everything is going along fine at the moment, so quit worrying about wether its offical or not.
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe he doesn't want a relationship. To some guys all they wanna do is sleep with people so if you're already sleeping with him then why does he need to be in a relationship?
ViolatedTreason
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
it became a relationship as soon as me and the gf kissed, so theres some perspective for you. why not just ask him out?
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
he probably doesnt want to be in a relationship, as in his eyes not being in one makes it acceptable for him to sleep with other people
Dumdedoobie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Some guys are just like this.
It was only when my sister mentioned to my ex. that we weren't going out yet that he confessed he assumed if we hung out long enough we would automatically start to date...And then he asked me. :p:
mayh3m
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
he probably doesnt want to be in a relationship, as in his eyes not being in one makes it acceptable for him to sleep with other people
seconded.

although i won't take it to extremes of sleeping with them. more likely, just kissing people on nights out is not considered cheating.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love how women rave on about equality and so on, yet when it comes to things going the other way, suddenly tradition is oh-so-important. :rolleyes:

Stop farting around coaxing him to do something and do it yourself.
Magnanimity
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm in the position to tell you that pulling teeth is easier than getting a man to communicate
makinghistory
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I reckon they're apprehensive about the 'definite-ness' of asking you out. That's pretty solid and set in stone. If they are getting everything they want without the scary official side, why would they go out of their way to change it and ask you out, when it is going fine already.

Maybe he's also just not thinking about it as much, just going a long with it as it is.
zav
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
See how it goes for a bit. If you want to be exclusive then tell him this and see what he says.
nicky_innit
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ask him out
I think it's a little unorthadox, but do it! Balls to tradition!

You are practically a couple, so just do it
treasureBelle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can just ask him yourself you know. Since when did guys have to do all the work?
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
maybe he's nervous/shy? I've had 2 girlfriends since starting school and both of them asked me out lol (embarrassing I know), but it may be a factor?
cabbaman98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was in exactly the same situation, as the guy that is. I didn't want to make it completely official because of a few things. Not thinking I was good enough, I didn't at the time know I could totally trust the other person not to go off with someone else and simply because things were going so well, why change it?

It shouldn't matter whether or not you have the 'bf/gf' names for eachother if it's just awesome as it is.
Hollandaise_Sauce
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
men dont want commitment. at least not till the availability of regular sex is diminished
ferry500
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think he's assuming you are in a relationship with each other nd it sounds like you are. I wouldn't worry but ask him out if you really want the officalness
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (587)
80.3%
Leave (144)
19.7%

Watched Threads