Turn on thread page Beta

IB&C, better or worse now compared to say, 6 months ago? watch

Announcements

Whatever you think 'better' or 'worse' means...

Your reasons for your view are obviously highly desirable.

(And you'd need to be someone who has been on this forum for 6 months).

ReputationRep:
    The "why am I still on TSR?" question can be answered brilliantly by this Dilbert comic strip;

With the other company being WSO.

ReputationRep:
    Worse...too many pre-internship students spurting out second-hand knowledge that is often incorrect nowdays...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breitling)
    Worse...too many pre-internship students spurting out second-hand knowledge that is often incorrect nowdays...
    I hope you're not condemning all those who fall into said group. And I despise the term "second-hand knowledge".

But I agree that the proportion of quality information/opinion/insight is falling.

ReputationRep:
    I can't help but feel that PB is trying to make a point here, based on his views in the Oxford vs LSE thread :p:!

I'd say IB&C has improved in terms of offering knowledge for the application process at IBs. There are so many users here now, that it's possible to gain a strong insight into how and when the various banks recruit.

The banter has improved too, but I'd argue that there are lots of A-Level/Uni 1st years here passing on incorrect information...

If i want proper information, I'll use Nicube.

worse.

i'm here for banter, learning and IB related chatter.

banter is better by far, i dont learn as much but the chatter is decent.

i adore the CC-related threads where non-IB&C people start ranting, for the lulz.

So you like it because it is funny that people post up completely misinformed garbage? Excellent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    So you like it because it is funny that people post up completely misinformed garbage? Excellent!
    Yar brah, it rawks mi soks of. funky grama is alzo wikid!!11!

quote as courtesy?

theres a difference between someone not knowing anything about IB creating ridiculous threads (that nobody takes seriously anyway) blaming all the wrongs in society on those greedy bankers, and giving out incorrect 'garbage' under the guise of being an authority - which also annoys me, PB.

ReputationRep:
    I would say worse. Actually much worser compared to like 1 year ago. I actually miss having 'discussions' with Rboogie.

I don't quote if I'm using quick reply - and on a day as quiet as this, that is quite likely because I'm not going through several threads at once.

(Original post by loafer)
    He asked for it
    I am an authority. Like it or not.

ReputationRep:
    I say bring back Cititrader/mayavara to spice things up!!

I don't quote if I'm using quick reply - and on a day as quiet as this, that is quite likely because I'm not going through several threads at once.

I am an authority. Like it or not.
    there was no hidden meaning in my last post. you seem to be looking for an argument where one doesnt exist.

ED: and where is lalagoodlucky

(Original post by loafer)
    ED: and where is lalagoodlucky
    Better off without. Really.

(Original post by PortfolioManager)
    I say bring back Cititrader/mayavara to spice things up!!
    New regime would never allow that. Although CT especially, was very funny while being fairly informative. Obliterating the hopes and dreams of those who shouldn't have any in spectacular fashion.

ReputationRep:
    New regime would never allow that. Although CT especially, was very funny while being fairly informative. Obliterating the hopes and dreams of those who shouldn't have any in spectacular fashion.
    Dreaming is like religion - it keeps the inconsequential subdued.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email linking me to this thread. Although I've given up posting on this forum, I do look around time to time and thought I should offer an opinion. The forum has gone down - massively. Its utility over a Nicube or a WSO is non-existent, to be frank. The in-fighting has admittedly gone, but only to be replaced by mediocrity. I think the mods shot themselves in the foot by allowing inconsequential, inferiority complex ridden A-levelers to basically drive away the people who actually knew this industry, many of whom actually felt a sense of indebtedness to this forum through the years of help they got from it. Substituting the good will of well informed seniors for the ego driven and emotionally sensitive was a bad misake. On the other hand, I suppose IB&C has little importance vs. other TSR subfora.

And I'm gone. 1.

ReputationRep:
    bring back shady lane

ReputationRep:
    I joined in the summer of 2008 if I remember rightly. The forum certainly has changed; when I first joined I tried not to post anything stupid as I knew I'd get slammed, so I did a lot of research myself. I guess that's changed as some of the more outspoken, and indeed well-informed, members have been forced out. Huge shame. I got some great help from this forum.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I haven't been on this forum for 6 months, but I find reading cititrader's 2 year old posts more informative and interesting than most recent posts.

I guess that suggests this sub section of TSR has gone downhill.

Also the lack of moral/ethical debates of being rich, with the old top posters crushing anyone who sounds like a lefty is a shame.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.