I can't help but feel horrible about leaving my driving isntructor for someone else Watch

Yusuf.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Yes, as stupid as this may sound its true.

Ive been learning how to drive for like 2 months now, had around 30 odd lessons with the guy.. hes a nice guy don't get me wrong but im looking into getting a new instructor with a new company mainly b/c for the past month or so hes kinda overtly showing his annoyance at me when i get little things wrong.. granted by 30 lessons i should be a decent driver but im a slow learner so whatever. Before he used to be really chilled out, but lately hes just like 'Yusuf ARE YOU IN THERE!!! COME ON MATE!!!'

We were meant to start test routes this week but ive had to cancel because of work stuff and i could tell he was pissed at me.

My friend at work told me about his intructor and stuff so i went on a lesson with him and i actually enjoyed my driving lesson with this guy for the first time in ages. Plus hes a good teacher IMO and his lessons are £15 AN HOUR! BLOODY BARGAIN!

Now i have to make a choice as to whater stick with who i have atm and just ride it through or go with this new intructor. I only feel bad because my current isntructor has invested A LOT and i mean A LOT of time to my driving.. hes cancelled other lessons to makesure i understood something correctly before moving on.. and hes helped me tackle ma wak spots like steering etc so i just feel bad about dropping the guy after hes helped me so much.

Gosh i only now just realised how bloody stupid this all sounds when typed up.
Dissey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you're not pregnant with his baby, it's okay.
smellslikemarmite
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can I just point out that you are the one paying him, and it's not like he's doing everything out of the goodness of his own heart. He might not be annoyed at you as such (problems at home etc) but if you feel like you're not getting anywhere because of him then maybe it's time to switch instructors.
Sierra2102
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Leave and go with someone else. I got on well with my instructor and he gave me foundations for my driving but I felt we were never getting anywhere towards a test so I found someone else and stopped lessons with my original instructor. I passed 1st time round within the 2 months of switching. Dont feel obliged to stay. You are paying for the tuition so get the tuition you feel best suits you.
mister ex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
lol. just explain that you have found a guy who's cheaper and that you thank him for all his months of work, but just tell him he really sucks as a driving instructor - i'm sure he'll appreciate your honesty .

and P/S , very good signiture you have there mate
timmo541
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I left my original driving instructor after I failed my first test, and had spent about 35 hours of lessons with him.

Then I went and had around 15 hours with a different instructor from BSM and ended up passing, with zero minors too.

At the end of the day, your driving instructor got alot of money from you so there shouldn't be any hard feelings. I found it really useful to get a different perspective on my driving.
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dissey)
If you're not pregnant with his baby, it's okay.
Im 3 months gone :awesome:
doody head
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd leave him. My driving instructor from my first lesson went into hospital before my second lesson, so BSM gave me a new one. While I was learning to reverse park she had to swap places with me so she could figure how to teach me to do it. She also told me to steer with short motions and it took forever to get full lock. So as soon as my first instructor was well again I swapped with no bad feelings what-so-ever.
v-zero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My instructor pissed me off all the time, unless he's wrong then you should stick with it IMHO.
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
Ahh thanks for the replies, my sister and mum have said the same thing

'YOU ARE PAYING HIM REMEMBER YUSUF!'

I mean the dude i have isnt crap.. hes a good guy and i like his method of teaching, but hes like getting ready for test routes and i don't think im even there yet, ive told him that but hes like 'don't worry, you're fine'.

Ima phone my current instructor after work and tell him im gonna stop taking lessons with him.
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by mister ex)
lol. just explain that you have found a guy who's cheaper and that you thank him for all his months of work, but just tell him he really sucks as a driving instructor - i'm sure he'll appreciate your honesty .

and P/S , very good signiture you have there mate
lol yeah im sure he'll be jumping for joy about being called crap :p:

and duuuude its your sig thats good!!! Cheryl Cole
Toria-08
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At the end of the day, it's you who'll be taking the driving test and if the other instructor is better and will help you prepare for the test the best, go with him. You're paying for the lessons so you've no need to feel especially bad. However, I don't get along with my instructor but at the end of the day, if he teaches me to drive well, that's all that matters.
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by v-zero)
My instructor pissed me off all the time, unless he's wrong then you should stick with it IMHO.
yeah my instructor isnt a bad guy by any means.. hes helped me a lot! and he let me drive to the airport aswell lol that was actually my best lessons to date!

All my friends are saying go with the other guy mainly because hes cheaper
smellslikemarmite
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Yusuf.T)
Ahh thanks for the replies, my sister and mum have said the same thing

'YOU ARE PAYING HIM REMEMBER YUSUF!'

I mean the dude i have isnt crap.. hes a good guy and i like his method of teaching, but hes like getting ready for test routes and i don't think im even there yet, ive told him that but hes like 'don't worry, you're fine'.

Ima phone my current instructor after work and tell him im gonna stop taking lessons with him.
If you don't want to hurt his feelings you could just say that you're going to have to take a break from learning to drive because of the credit crunch.

It's my excuse for everything nowadays.
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by smellslikemarmite)
If you don't want to hurt his feelings you could just say that you're going to have to take a break from learning to drive because of the credit crunch.

It's my excuse for everything nowadays.
lol thats actually a good excuse! thanks!

God bless the credit crunch!!!
4x4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We live in a capitalistic society. If someone is cheaper and better (you enjoy the lesson more), have another lesson with him, just to see if it is as good as you actually thought. If it is, just switch, that's life.
Dijobla
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To be honest, he isn't doing you any favours if it's taking 30 lessons: he's not that bothered, remember he's getting paid. You should definitely see about a different instructor, perhaps you need a different approach. I had an overbearing instructor who used to criticise every movement I made, and then I had a really nice guy who let me get on with it and I got much further with the second guy.
Hedgeman49
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I ditched my instructor after one lesson when she started lecturing me about how teaching guys to drive is scary and that we're all irresponsible pigs. She then went on to say that she only does driving lessons because her husband works in highway maintenance and she wants to keep him safe.
...I got a new instructor and passed in four months. :p:
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4x4)
We live in a capitalistic society. If someone is cheaper and better (you enjoy the lesson more), have another lesson with him, just to see if it is as good as you actually thought. If it is, just switch, that's life.
errrgh capiltalism and marxism.. i was buried under his books during a level!

but yeah im gonna have another lesson with the new isntructor to just see whether it is better then the other guy or not.. i have a feeling part of me liking the lesson yesterday was that i hasnt driven a car in almost 2 weeks so it was nice to start driving again. but we'll see
mister ex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Yusuf.T)
lol yeah im sure he'll be jumping for joy about being called crap :p:

and duuuude its your sig thats good!!! Cheryl Cole
trust me mate, its the other stuff on my sig you should be looking at
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads