Turn on thread page Beta

false hopes vs destroyed relationships :S watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There is one guy that likes me and I used to like him as well. At least I thought I used to like him. About a months ago he told me about his feelings and later on asked if i want to go out with him but I just kept quite. It was alright with him and he understood that maybe I need more time. However, the time passes and I do not feel anything stronger but he steal carries on being a sweet- heart and I love his attention. However, I do not think that it is possible for me and him to go out as gf and bf at least at this moment. I am thinking of telling him that but then it may destroy everything what we have now and I do not want this.

any advice please?. . . ,plus i do not think it is good to just keep quite and give the guy false hopes.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    if he is trying to start a relationship, then anything you tell him will hurt..

try saying that you simply aren't ready for a relationship.

dont keep leading him on though

ReputationRep:
    thx

ReputationRep:
    *quiet

And don't string the guy along, let him know where he stands.

ReputationRep:
    it's only going to hurt more if you wait more.

ReputationRep:
    If you only don't want to tell him, in fear you'll lose his attention then thats cruel
    Tell him

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2009
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.