Permanent Exclusion Watch

Myth717
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey, I was wondering is there any way to stop a student from getting a Permanent Exclusion ? A friend of mine along with alot of other people got into a fight with another school who came to have a basketball match. They followed them and threw stones and bottles how ever my friend didnt he just watched. People blamed him for throwing stones at the coach etc. Police came round his house at 7:00 am to pick him up. His dad took him to the station where they interviewd him, kept him in a cell and etc. He is on bail atm but I dont want him to get Permanent Exclusion, is there anyway I can stop it ? hes mums in hospital and I spoke to the headteacher she says atm it looks like its a Permanent Exclusion unless his mum can come in and talk. I'm wondering what can I do in this situation ? he has retarded friends and its not his fault, he was just at the wrong place and at the wrong time, any ideas suggestions please ? He has to go in tomorrow and speak with his mum, wondering what he could say in his defence ? as his friends blamed it on him saying he was the one who threw the stones smashing thier windows...

Thnx in advance
Powerlifter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A freind? lol, been throwing stones have we?
Myth717
Rep:
?
well ye
starcarton
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You go chadwell heath what school did you get in a fight with?
Myth717
Rep:
?
its not me my friends in hainault who stoned people from oaks park with stones but my mate actually didnt pick up a astone he was just watching
starcarton
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol throwing stones at oaks park, made me smile I know a couple of idiots there
Myth717
Rep:
?
Lol, what school did you go to ?
rscully
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why does the head need to speak to his Mum, wont his Dad do?

If the police can't prove that your friend did anything then the school wont be able to either, not that that will stop them from excluding him, but it will give you decent grounds for an appeal to the board of governors. Does your friend have any history of this kind of stuff?
Myth717
Rep:
?
no no history whatsoever hes been a good boy, the bad thing is thevye already excluded someone who was predictied 6 A*s, so if hes getting excluded my friends chances are looking slim
starcarton
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Myth717)
Lol, what school did you go to ?
Mayfield
Myth717
Rep:
?
kk
theronkinator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Myth717)
its not me my friends in hainault who stoned people from oaks park with stones but my mate actually didnt pick up a astone he was just watching
They stoned people with...stones? As opposed to stoning them with what? Also how do you know he didn't throw any?
Powerlifter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by theronkinator)
They stoned people with...stones? As opposed to stoning them with what? Also how do you know he didn't throw any?
I saw it too :sigh:
pinkpont
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If he's telling the truth, then it's a sad case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Unless he can specifically prove he didn't partake, I'm not sure what he can do to avoid a permanent exclusion.
Myth717
Rep:
?
ye, its so F****d up, he was simply wrong place at the wrong time, no they stoned the coach !
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It is incredibly hard to get permanently excluded. There are a huge amounts of rules and regulations surrounding it and so most schools try other things.
Myth717
Rep:
?
hmmm I hope thats the case with my friend, I can only hope !
gee_shakedown
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmm
I've been permanently excluded from a school, and I'm doing alright now, it's not always the end of the world.
Lucibell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FireDeuce)
It is incredibly hard to get permanently excluded. There are a huge amounts of rules and regulations surrounding it and so most schools try other things.
Unless your in sixth form, people at my sixth form have been kicked out for a lot less.
neelios
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ok i did law last year and there was a case where a gang of guys murdered some other guy 4 out of 5 of them cntributed to the killing the other stood and watched from the side. he did not help the man being murdered, he did not run away and did not help his mates kill the guy. But he (along with the others) were convicted under british law as he was with the gang (even though he did not contribute to the killing).

i know its not the same scenario, but the idea still applies. your friend was with them at the time. if he said 'stop' or had run away maybe he might be ok, but he is still kinda guilty (under british law).

i know its immoral but thats the way it is. 'ignorance of the law is no defence in the eyes of the law'

but then again this is a 'school playground' situation, but i thought i should share seeing as you said the police were involved... also i got an E in law so wouldnt trust my input
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads