Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at a school for a GTP place and they want to take me, but I also have to have an interview at the SCITT. I was just wondering, how important is the SCITT interview? Is it the fact that the school wants me which really matters, or is the SCITT interview equally important, and if so what is the point of it - what are they looking for that the school wasn't...? Any answers would be much appreciated!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    They are equally important. Having an offer from a school is useless if you don't have a place on a course.

The point is that there are more people with school places than the SCITT has places available. Most SCITTS have very few places for the GTP - mine has about 15 people on it. And since they're offering the course, they obviously want to decide who gets on it. Just because a school likes someone, doesn't mean they will.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.