Platonic poll Watch

Poll: Do you have/have you had a platonic friend of the opposite sex?
I'm a straight guy and I've had a female friend I'm NOT sexually attracted to (13)
26.53%
I'm a straight guy and I've considered the idea of having sex with all my female friends (10)
20.41%
I'm a straight girl and I've had a male friend I'm NOT sexually attracted to (21)
42.86%
I'm a straight girl and I've considered the idea of having sex with all my male friends (5)
10.2%
punktopia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Not a new line of thought: "men and women can't ever be just friends."

Do you agree with this? Do you have a close friend of the opposite sex who you've NEVER considered having a sexual relationship with? Is said friend ugly/fat, or do you see them as a brother/sister?

Is it easier for girls to have platonic friends than guys?
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My best friend for over 10 years was male and we never had any sort of sexual attraction. (Times changed, we never fell out we just ended up drifting apart)

There are tons and tons of men I'm friends with but do not consider attractive in any way shape or form. Others I have always secretly fancied.
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i dont necesarily consider them attracive, but that doesnt stop me considering the idea. and considering the idea doesnt really affect any of my friendships either.
Fandellos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by punktopia)
Not a new line of thought: "men and women can't ever be just friends."
Hello When Harry met Sally...
Smtn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's possible for there no to be attraction, but a lot of the time something develops (or was there to start off with)
super-emily
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why am I not surprised about the results of this poll? :giggle:
*starry_eyed_*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
One of my best friends is male...we started out as dating, but now I know for sure there are no feelings on either side.
CarlaJade
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it's perfectly easy for men and women to just be friends. I've had male friends (and still do) that I have never and will never see like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads