Healthy biscuits Watch

Superstar6318
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
For my food tech I have made a Banoffi Pie and so I used digestive biscuits as the base. We have to evaluate and I said I could make this product healthier by using biscuits less unhealthy such as.....

I do not know of other types of biscuits which are healthier.
Help
Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
HobNob?
kookoo_koochoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
can't you get reduced fat digestive biscuits?? Orrrr You could just make your OWN biscuits and crumble them up, maybe even some that aren't digestive but ginger snaps (without the ginger) would have a decent texture to make a nice base I think. If you know what you're putting in the biscuits you could use healthier substitutions for certain things and make it all a lot healthier.

http://www.simple-vegetarian-recipes...ngersnaps.html

there's no butter or oil in that recipe, it's low calorie and low fat, and all you'd need to do is leave out the ginger.
Sianeh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oatcakes
Sianeh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
to be honest to make it healthier you could not put all the whipped cream on top. I made banoffee pie for my food tech and because I don't like cream I just ommitted it, and I don't like the fact most banoffee pies have like one layer of chopped banana so you end up with caramelly toffee on biscuit with a ton of cream and hardly any banana taste so I mashed a lot of banana and mixed with the toffee. So it actually tasted like banoffee haha. Ok I started to go a bit off topic but yeah, omit the cream that'll reduce the calories and fat a lot.
Grotbag
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does it have to be biscuits? You could use bashed-up bran flakes or shreddies so you'd at least get some fibre and vitamins instead of just sugar and fat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (28)
25.93%
No - I got the required grades (66)
61.11%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (14)
12.96%

Watched Threads