Turn on thread page Beta

Are you qualitative or quantative with what you post on here? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that certain people have post counts of thousands on here and tons of rep but never actually have anything helpful to say. Lots of the time they're sarcastic or just label the poster a troll when they're not.

So...do you take time over what you post, thinking of a good answer (qualitative), or just post the bare minimum (quantative)? Or maybe you're a mix of the two?

the latter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinddd of a mixture of the two, but normally I won't comment unless I have something to say. So even if I sound a bit blunt, I'll have thought about my answer.

ReputationRep:
    I don't post a lot, but when I do I tend to say quite a bit, and return to threads. I'm not posting constantly though, I tend to read more than I write.

ReputationRep:
    I read a hell of a lot more than I write. But I'm not one for long, heartfelt advice either so I guess I'm a bit of both.

ReputationRep:
    I post both, some crap, some quality :p:

ReputationRep:
    The latter.

Mostly.

Quality - always.

(Original post by Lucinda_x)
    Lots of the time they're sarcastic
    The sarcasm could be the reason for all the rep. Some people might find what they post funny.

As for me, I'm a quantitative poster. One of the drawbacks from posting so much in General Discussion is that you generally don't make extremely helpful or interesting posts as the topic is rarely very specific.

ReputationRep:
    Qualitative all the way.

ReputationRep:
    qualitative, obviously.
    **** does this **** for their post count.. u crazy b.
    v_v

ReputationRep:
    yeah, latter.

ReputationRep:
    qualitative

ReputationRep:
    yeah, former.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Troll!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Quality - always.
    Lol. I like to think mine's quality though i don't have the rep so maybe i should change! Although 2 kind people have repped me :-D

ReputationRep:
    Quantitative. I talk utter crap, basically. It depends though. In H&R I might post a substantial post. Or I'll just spam it :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Troll!
    Beat me to it :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I am quantitative, I do not have time for subjective material that is open to interpretation. I like cold, hard, facts.

ReputationRep:
    I make my answers as short as possible without taking away any useful content. I'm too used to writing like a scientist. I'm not sure how I compare to the average post count, though.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.