Am i the only one? Watch

yas1791
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Am I the only one that hasnt heard from 3 unis and has a rejection from 1??!!!

It's so frustrating when everyone has at least 1 offer and theres just me sitting here with nothing! (medicine offers)

Now don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for the 1 offer for biomedical sciences but obviously its not what i want to do for 3 years in order to reach medicine.

To top it all off, its not very encouraging when teachers at school talk about their children getting all their offers for medicine, and then implying that the unis havent received my application or that im basically **** and no one would want to accept me.

this probably sounds really stupid but i would just like some reassurance that there are other people in my position as i have waited over 3 months for a reply.:mad:

thanks.
cruciform
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Some people in my year are waiting for medical offers.
Polymorphing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Look at my sig.
yas1791
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
thank you lol
Sine
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think you are the only one
spank_
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ive got no offers yet. 2 rejections and 2 interviews. and one of my rejections was my 4th choice so im not too confident...
SuicideCommando
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
It's obviously frustrating for you OP, but it's better than sitting there with no offers, right?
Don't give up hope.
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well I am in the same boat if it makes you feel any better? :p:

I got rejected by King's without an interview and now I am waiting to hear some sort of decision from UCL, SGUL and BSMS. Likewise, I also hold an offer for Biomedical Sciences (BBB at QMUL) but I do not wish to pursue this route since I'd rather reapply than settle for that, providing I get the grades that is.

I can empathise to how you're feeling at school. I get asked a lot if I have any offers and it's pretty obvious what they're thinking. Within the past two weeks, I've been advised to accept my Biomedical Sciences offer and try for grad entry, go for something else since perhaps Medicine 'isn't right for me' and even my Computing teacher only yesterday suggested that I could always go to the University of Hertfordshire and do 'something' there. I'm just taking it all on the chin now - nothing anyone says surprises me any more!
trektor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have had a rejection and an interview and I'm waiting on 2 choices. I'm very grateful to have had an interview (the outcome of which I find out in march). I do worry at times about the other unis and the outcome of the interview. I'd just say have faith and things will hopefully work out.
icouldbedreaming
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're definitely not at all, some of us have had nothing at all from anywhere!
modini
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yas1791)
Am I the only one that hasnt heard from 3 unis and has a rejection from 1??!!!

It's so frustrating when everyone has at least 1 offer and theres just me sitting here with nothing! (medicine offers)

Now don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for the 1 offer for biomedical sciences but obviously its not what i want to do for 3 years in order to reach medicine.

To top it all off, its not very encouraging when teachers at school talk about their children getting all their offers for medicine, and then implying that the unis havent received my application or that im basically **** and no one would want to accept me.

this probably sounds really stupid but i would just like some reassurance that there are other people in my position as i have waited over 3 months for a reply.:mad:

thanks.
I'm in the exact same situation. Check my sig :p:
qayum
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
itll be ok x
Lightyear
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
One of my mates has had 3 rejections for medicine and still one outstanding...you're doing much better than him
lisa_xx
Report 9 years ago
bahhhh annoyin teachers....i could rant all day bout mine last yr! dont let them discourage u....they dnt no how much u's all wana do med! last yr i cudnt even apply to med because they only predicted me 3 b's n then i turned out gettin 3 a's! so jus think about tht luvly smug smile u'll give them wen ur offers will come in

**im not at all bitter**
Svefngenglar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
By this time last year I'd been rejected by two of my choices, those being my first and fourth choices, which didn't do much to calm my anxiety. I doesn't matter as long as you eventually get an offer. Many will be in a worse position and have all rejections by now, so consider yourself lucky to still have a chance.
xxx lundy xxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
awwww don't u go worrying!! It's my second time applying and I haven't had an offer yet, apart from biomedical science like you!! I applied to Cardiff, peninsula,soton and liverpool for medicine and haven't received an interview!!!I'm also a resitter cos I've done my A levels and gt ABC... We've got til march Hun, so don't u worry!! Hehe u will get one!!! Xxx
Mushi_master
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Exactly the same situation here missy.
Dr.Hox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In an even worse situation here.

Got rejected by one uni for medicine. Havent heard from the others. Not even got a back up for sure
*Stargirl*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
unis can get back to us as late as march and then theres always clearance
xbabydeex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got rejected by all 4 last year without interview but heard from them by maybe March so don't worry, you've still got loads of time Also it depends where you've applied, some unis seem to be giving out interviews really late. Don't worry, I think alot of people haven't got an offer yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.9%
No (385)
72.1%

Watched Threads