I want a best friend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Keep this anon, please.

So I moved from my school's sixth form to a different one, where they offered the courses I wanted to take, but I'm beginning to regret it because I left all of my friends behind!

This time last year, when I decided that I was ready to make this big step on my own regardless of whether or not any of my friends were going, I was really confident and could communicate with people properly, so they started to like me and we soon turned into good friends.

But now, 6 months into the new college I'm attending, I don't feel like I have anyone to talk to. I visit my old friends from sixth form regularly, but we have drifted appart, and they are no longer my 'close friends'.

I have met and spoken to lots of new people at my new college, but it's only through the basis of lessons and msn/facebook.

I don't feel like I can be asked to join a new set of friends, because they all have a group already, and they'll probably alienate me because I'm not well known and because I'll be a 'newbie'.

So how can I form a real close bond with these people I talk to in lessons and on msn/facebook? I really miss having a best friend because it was kind of like another part of me - somewhere I could turn to about boy troubles and family problems.

Thanks.
Biggsx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't think too much into things. I highly doubt that people would alienate you just because you are being friendly to them! Just become more friendly with some of the people you like, invite them out or something and let the friendship grow from there! xx
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by daniel_williams)
I honestly wouldn't worry too much about this, you are only going to be there for another 18 months max before you head off to university and start this new life there, any friends you do make here will only be short term.

if you can try meet up at weekends with your old friends (if its at all possible) but just try get to know people at your school, chances are you won't be able to make a "best friend" out of it but having any friends is a bonus.

remember your friends in teh future are mostly those you neet when you go to uni and start working.
I know I'm only at sixth form for another 18 months (and that is what I keep telling myself) but I want it to be a memorable one, where I can look over pictures and say to myself that I had a best friend
eden
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i want a best friend too. actually just a friend would do right now...
tinaturnerbunsenburner
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
throw a **** off party.
WelshGalSoph91
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
i know exactly how u feel been totally lonely in college since all my close friends are doing different courses and my new friends have now all dropped out. but i made friends with a girl who used to be in my comp but i didnt hang with her much and we becomgood friends could try this
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
I know how you feel too - I started 6th form with a good group of friends but had to drop out after about 2 months. I moved out of the area for the rest of the year and didn't see them for the rest of the year. When i came back to college the next september, all my old friends had changed and i didn't really know them. Because i had lived out of the area for over 9 months all my friends from outside college had moved on too. And to top it all off the people i still had some sort of relationship with have now gonna away to uni - leaving me with friends who are a year younger than me. They're a great group of people, just get a bit annoying.

Me - i'm just going to wait till uni, it's not worth stressing about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (35)
17.24%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (86)
42.36%
Nope, not that interesting (82)
40.39%

Watched Threads