do i need a visa to travel to south america? Watch

crazycat52
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
or any other travel documents other than my passport? also, if i do need a visa, is there a time limit on how long i can stay in the country? and would this mean that I wouldn't be able to get work there legally? how much do visas cost?
Masucha
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you don't need a visa before you arrive in any SA country.

Forget about finding a job, unless it's teaching English then you will need a visa, which shoulden't be too much of a problem if you have a degree and a TEFL.
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by crazycat52)
or any other travel documents other than my passport? also, if i do need a visa, is there a time limit on how long i can stay in the country? and would this mean that I wouldn't be able to get work there legally? how much do visas cost?
You'll have to check for individual countries. For example in Argentina you can get 90 days tourist visa (which i don't think costs, but someone can correct me if i'm wrong). Have a look on the lonely planet website, usually has something about visas.
oxymoronic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by crazycat52)
It also depends on where you're from too, obviously. People will be giving advice here for british passport holders but if you have a different one then it will be different.
It totally depends on where you go, where you're from and what you want to do as each country will be different. South America is a continent with different rules, governments and cultures, its not just like popping to Dublin and saying do I need a visa?
*sparkles*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the website www.worldtravelguide.co.uk is very good for this- it has detailed information on each country, the varying requirements for each nationality. Here's the link to the Argentinian page;
http://www.worldtravelguide.net/coun...Argentina.html
from there you can go into the other countries you may visit quite easily.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?