broken Sat Nav screen Watch

chel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
firstly i'm sorry if this is a silly place to put this, i'm a technological idiot and just don't know. Basically i shut my brand new satnav in my car door (i know - idiot) and though it still works it's screens done that thing where it looks like all the ink has run over all except the bottom right hand corner, except of course that it's not ink. It's a touch screen, so i've essentially screwed up the all important part of the mechanism. Does this sound fixable? if so where would one take such a thing to get it fixed? I don't have much of the box etc, it was a Christmas gift from parents who would positively flip if they found out my foolishness.
thanks,
Defcon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by chel)
firstly i'm sorry if this is a silly place to put this, i'm a technological idiot and just don't know. Basically i shut my brand new satnav in my car door (i know - idiot) and though it still works it's screens done that thing where it looks like all the ink has run over all except the bottom right hand corner, except of course that it's not ink. It's a touch screen, so i've essentially screwed up the all important part of the mechanism. Does this sound fixable? if so where would one take such a thing to get it fixed? I don't have much of the box etc, it was a Christmas gift from parents who would positively flip if they found out my foolishness.
thanks,
Your best bet is to find out where they got it from, go back to the store and be like wtf has happened! (this will only work if it doesn't look like it has physically been damaged)
An alternative would be taking it to a corner shop or something and paying ridiculous amounts to get the screen replaced, and they'll probably go on about how the whole screen is damaged and the liquid crystal display needs replacing and other technical jargon they'll throw at you to get you to pay crazy money.
:p:
theronkinator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gonna be expensive to fix! Might be worth ringing the manufacturer directly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads