Texting to confirm a date- don't want to seem desperate Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've been a few dates with this guy I met fairly recently, and over the weekend he texted me and asked if I wanted to meet up on Monday (yesterday). I was busy so I asked him if he wanted to meet up this Saturday instead. He said he'll let me know but he probably will be free. He hasn't got back to me yet. I'm just wondering, how long should I wait before I text him to ask him if we're meeting on Saturday? Or is it desperate to text at all? On the other hand, isn't in more desperate to keep my Saturday free without knowing if we're meeting or not?
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well i dont think this he has had that much time to sort out what he is doing on the weekend as of yet, sometimes i dont know intill thursday for a saturday. I guess you could text him and have a conversation and drop it in about the weekend, i dont think that seems desperate. He dosent have to know you are feeing up your weekend, so it wouldnt seem desperate at all.
Bubble_m
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
wow i've been in your situation quite recently and went crazy like you did. ultimately i found out he wasnt getting back to me because his phone is a brick (as i comfortably know now) and he wasnt receiving messages at all. so dont worry if he hasnt go back to you yet.
i'd say text his friday afternoon. be casual about it 'hey how are you i was wondering if we're still on for tomorrow', keep your saturday free if you want, or if things come up try and book the date around those things.
if you've been to a few dates, you should be able to work out what sorta guy he is- would he leave you hanging or not, you pick up trends like that quite early on with most guys
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bubble_m)
wow i've been in your situation quite recently and went crazy like you did. ultimately i found out he wasnt getting back to me because his phone is a brick (as i comfortably know now) and he wasnt receiving messages at all. so dont worry if he hasnt go back to you yet.
i'd say text his friday afternoon. be casual about it 'hey how are you i was wondering if we're still on for tomorrow', keep your saturday free if you want, or if things come up try and book the date around those things.
if you've been to a few dates, you should be able to work out what sorta guy he is- would he leave you hanging or not, you pick up trends like that quite early on with most guys
To be honest, I'm not worried yet as there are a few days left to go, but I want to prepare myself in case he doesn't get back to me. He doesn't seem like the type that would leave me hanging, but you never know! I just feel that it should be him texting as he was the one who said he'll let me know.
blueygreen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey =]

dont keep your saturday free. if something else comes up then make plans. if he wants to do something and you're not free anymore then tough, its gunna have to be someother day. I wouldn't text if i were you.x x
pamelaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bubble_m)
Friday's too late. Text him tomorrow op. Don't play silly beggars.
Naxir
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
who cares when you do it, just stick with a casual "Hey are we still on for saturday" kinda reply.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by blueygreen)
hey =]

dont keep your saturday free. if something else comes up then make plans. if he wants to do something and you're not free anymore then tough, its gunna have to be someother day. I wouldn't text if i were you.x x
Really, do you think I'd seem desperate if I texted?
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Randomly text and have a conversation with him, if it is appropiate mention saturday and what he is doing. Doing it at the end of a conversation won't seem desperate to be honest. If you text do it wednesday/thursday as he has had time to make plans whilst still allowing you to be able to make plans if he says no. If you do this just say something like 'Hi, how are you? Are we still up for going out on saturday?' Short but to the point.

I don't think it is desperate to text unless you are texting him every few minutes or something equally silly.

Cowtipper
Badges: 12
Report 9 years ago
Gain the confidence to make a positive action rather than having to check every fantastically uninteresting move you make with TSR.
Yusuf.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cowtipper)
Gain the confidence to make a positive action rather than having to check every fantastically uninteresting move you make with TSR.
Sexiest post ever.
totallty agree.
SuicideCommando
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pamelaa)
Agree with this.
Just give him a text saying 'Still up for Sat?'
Somebody
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pamelaa)

Thirded!

Tomorrow or possibly Thursday at the latest!

I'd go for the "Hey! How are you? Are we still on for Saturday?". Just sounds like you're keeping your social calander up to date
Or perhaps, "Hey! You still up for Saturday?"

Desperate would be:
Tuesday: "Still up for Saturday?"
Wednesday: "Saturday's still cool, yea?"
Thursday: "So we *Are* meeting up on Saturday?"
Friday: "Still up for tomorrow?!"
blueygreen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Really, do you think I'd seem desperate if I texted?

i dont like the word desperate... over eager maybe. i just think if he doesnt bother confirming the date he cant care that much can he...so why bother trying to force it x
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't see what you have to lose by texting them. You're just checking the plans are still in place.
nicky_innit
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Text him RIGHT NOW.
And say you can't wait until your wedding day and how many kids your going to have and the great house your going to own and grow old in... :rolleyes:

I agree with the majority, just text saying "Hey how's it going? Still up for a bit of a rendevous on Saturday?"
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
i agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.54%
No (613)
72.46%

Watched Threads