Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://queenmaryoccupation.blogspot.com

Right now, QMUL is under occupation from the student body in support of Gaza. Our demands; in short, to fund Palestinian student scholarships at QMUL, and to demand QMUL stops supporting (by having shares in) all companies which either directly or indirectly support the IDF or Israel. Also, get rid of our shares with GKN (arms dealers) and sever our ties with Starbucks.
    There are many universities right now 'under occupation', or that have been under occupation, including Kings, SOAS and Cambridge. At QMUL, there a group of students sleeping in one of the lecture halls, basically, we won't leave untill out demands are met. Get involved, as a student it's us who can make a difference. Contact your student union or local anti-war coalition and get involved!

And spread the word!

ReputationRep:
    Change it to "stop QMUL investing in all arms dealers" and then I'll join you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    It is (all arms dealers). I can't find wherever the exact aims are but that's one of them.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: Although, it'd have to be supporting in spirit.

(Pink Floyd :awesome:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    It is (all arms dealers). I can't find wherever the exact aims are but that's one of them.
    According to you it's:

http://queenmaryoccupation.blogspot.com

Right now, QMUL is under occupation from the student body in support of Gaza. Our demands; in short, to fund Palestinian student scholarships at QMUL, and to demand QMUL stops supporting (by having shares in) all companies which either directly or indirectly support the IDF or Israel.
    I'd support you if you were for QMUL not investing in any arms dealers whatsoever, regardless of which countries they're supplying to.

ReputationRep:
    go for it, congrats, if i was there id be definately involved!

ReputationRep:
    According to you it's:

I'd support you if you were for QMUL not investing in any arms dealers whatsoever, regardless of which countries they're supplying to.

They are, the Palestine thing is the main thing but they're lobbying to have all connections with all arms dealers severed, irrespective of their role with ISrael.

What, you're in the lecture hall right now?

ReputationRep:
    They are, the Palestine thing is the main thing but they're lobbying to have all connections with all arms dealers severed, irrespective of their role with ISrael.
    Really? Sorry, I didn't know, and your OP didn't make it sound that way :p:

ReputationRep:
    Really? Sorry, I didn't know, and your OP didn't make it sound that way :p:
    I know, sorry, I dunno where the list of aims is, but one of the main demands is to sever ties with an Arms dealer. We're not sure if they supply to Israel or not, but it doesn't matter if they do or they don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rei)
    What, you're in the lecture hall right now?

Yeah. I was gonna text you.

ReputationRep:
    Which lecture hall are you in? Want me to bring some food next time I'm in uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Which lecture hall are you in? Want me to bring some food next time I'm in uni?

We're campaigning to get rid of Starbucks :p:

Urm, room 1.13 (Not actual theatre I know), opposite the MAson Lexture theatre, FB.

ReputationRep:
    Hope you had one for the many hundreds of thousand more people killed in Darfur as well, or is that not fashionable anymore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azurus)
    Hope you had one for the many hundreds of thousand more people killed in Darfur as well, or is that not fashionable anymore?
    Is that on topic?

No.

ReputationRep:
    According to you it's:

We're for severing ties with GKN (no longer investing in them). And getting rid of the Starbucks at The Curve (Should be popular...)

ReputationRep:
    We're campaigning to get rid of Starbucks :p:

Urm, room 1.13 (Not actual theatre I know), opposite the MAson Lexture theatre, FB.
    I'm not buying from starbucks!!! It's bloody expensive!

ReputationRep:
    Is that on topic?

No.
    Care?

You part time human rights activists are pathetic, only speak out when the media's darling Palestine is suffering.

Hypocrites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azurus)
    Or the hundreds of Israeli citizens killed by Hamas over the years, or one to get rid of Hamas, considering the fact that hamas is repressing it's own people and on Xmas eve legalised crucifiction within the Gaza Strip.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick's newspaper (The Boar) today says that there are occupations in LSE, KCL, Oxford, Sussex, Manchester, Man Met, Essex, Birmingham, Newcastle, Leeds, Salford, Kingston, Bristol, Nottingham and (obv.) Warwick. SOAS, Essex, Oxford and LSE have apparently been successful. Warwick have been going for a week now.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.