Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I reserved a room in a hotel, and now can't make the dates I specified. So I need to cancel the reservation. When booking the hotel, I got a page at the end saying my booking has been made, and I would receive a confirmation email with all the details, and a link to cancel my reservation.

Stupidly, I trusted them and left the site. Except I never got any email. So now I don't have a link to cancel the reservation. I contacted the hotel directly and they said I would have to cancel through the compnay I booked with. Except I don't know what site it was, because I forgot to make a note of it.

I realise I'm stupid, but what can I do? I've emailed the hotel asking them which company I booked through, but if they can't tell me, am I ******? The hotel refuses to cancel the booking without word from the agents.

ReputationRep:
    The company should be named on your card statement. Might take a few days to come up though, could check on internet banking or get a mini statement from a cash machine?

ReputationRep:
    It won't be, they don't take any money up front, the card is just as a guarantee. Thanks anyway though.

ReputationRep:
    Look through your browsing history for whatever day you booked it?

ReputationRep:
    If you didn't recieve the email chances are your booking wasn't confirmed and didn't go through. This has happened to me twice and on both occassions I turned up at the hotel to be told "well err we don't have a booking for you" and then I got really adamant that I'd booked it as I knew I had done. Then got my mum to go online and look through my emails and I'd never recieved the confirmation email, so therefore it hadn't actually been processed as a booking. Have you got any idea what site you could have been on?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.