i think im popular but im unhappy Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
please keep anon or delete cos i know people on here.

basically i just need somewhere to unload my thoughts.

i've always been a bit shy. i started uni in sept '08 and live with really cool people. the thing is i think they like me, well i know they do, but i just cannot bond with them. i'm living with them next year but i still don' feel they totally understand me or like me. i don't know how to accurately explain my problem, but the maon thing is i have never ever found someone who i totally click with as a friend, how do i become more apprachable?
NIk
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
My first instinct would be to show genuine interest in the people you live with. Ask them questions, but not in a prying manner. Perhaps go somewhere with them: cinema, club, pub, bar - whatever. It generally helps to bond. Im sure they will appreciate your attempts and you'll be good friends!
SeVentrancE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your friends sound like they are all good to you. I'd say the reason you still feel lonely is psychological on your behalf more than anything. I've been in the situation before where you're surrounded by friends, and you can sit there amongst them while they laugh, and chat with you, and yet, you still feel like the loneliest person alive.

If they are all making effort to be friends with you, then maybe it's something to do with yourself thats not allowing you to get close to people, and accept them as friends? You can't find a friend to 'click' with, because your not letting yourself.
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sounds like you're not as emotionally shallow as the vast majority of people. Unfortunately, it is a burden.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
please keep anon or delete cos i know people on here.

basically i just need somewhere to unload my thoughts.

i've always been a bit shy. i started uni in sept '08 and live with really cool people. the thing is i think they like me, well i know they do, but i just cannot bond with them. i'm living with them next year but i still don' feel they totally understand me or like me. i don't know how to accurately explain my problem, but the maon thing is i have never ever found someone who i totally click with as a friend, how do i become more apprachable?
Have you ever walked through a room
But it was more like the room passed around you
Like there was a leash around your neck that pulled you through

Have you ever been at someplace
Recognizing everybody's face
Until you realized that there was no one there you knew?

The Offspring: They understand.
IddaCapeli
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i think im popular but im unhappy :eyeball:, sounds a bit emo.
Do whatever you like if you wish to be happy, don't live for others live for yourself !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads