This discussion is closed.
gemgems89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Is anyone doing module 5 in science in late November? - think it's the 27th.
There's a chem, about metals, and a biology exam about heart, enzymes etc etc, and it's multiple choice.

Is anybody else doing it?
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
There's a chem, about metals, and a biology exam about heart, enzymes etc etc, and it's multiple choice.

My friends will be.

Surely it's not all multiple choice?
Katchi_2003
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago

Yes i am doing multiple choice as well, i am in year 11 and i done 8 modules in year 10, module 5 including i got 15/20, just 1 mark away from A. My average is 13.5 i have 4 modules to complete which are 2, 4, 7,9 for modules 2 and 7 i will be doing on November 20.

About the heart it is module 8, and metals is probably 3. I got 10 for module 8 and 12 for module 3. Beware the heart 1 is well hard too many diagrams, i suggest you know all the diagrams . Have u done module 2 and 7 ?
FudgeMonkey
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
My friends will be.

Surely it's not all multiple choice?
I did it last year, i supose your doing AQA modular science like I did! Dont be silly and think you do not need to revise, the multiple choice isnt as easy as you would think! In last years modules i got an A*(metals), A , 3 B's, and a C (1 mark of a B - stupid electricity).

The best way to learn for these tests are past papers, i did a practice paper for one of the modules a day before, and the test was almost identical! The thing is with multiple choice questions is that if when you read the question and you can think of two answers, mboth of them are guarenteed to be there.

I found the Physics ones the hardest cos every single mistake you could make with the formula is accounted for in the answers, its so misleading!
Katchi_2003
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by FudgeMonkey)
I did it last year, i supose your doing AQA modular science like I did! Dont be silly and think you do not need to revise, the multiple choice isnt as easy as you would think! In last years modules i got an A*(metals), A , 3 B's, and a C (1 mark of a B - stupid electricity).

The best way to learn for these tests are past papers, i did a practice paper for one of the modules a day before, and the test was almost identical! The thing is with multiple choice questions is that if when you read the question and you can think of two answers, mboth of them are guarenteed to be there.

I found the Physics ones the hardest cos every single mistake you could make with the formula is accounted for in the answers, its so misleading!
Yeh, thats what i thought initially and found out the mistakes in the heart module, i am doing edexcel B
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I did it last year, i supose your doing AQA modular science like I did! Dont be silly and think you do not need to revise, the multiple choice isnt as easy as you would think!
No I'm doing fast track so I don't get to do modules (most of my friends will though) -it's all compacted into 3 big exams as it used to be I think.

The multiple choice thing sounds good- atleast if you have no clue you can take a guess or get your memory jogged! I assume I wont have that with my papers?
gemgems89
Rep:
?
(Original post by Katchi_2003)
Yes i am doing multiple choice as well, i am in year 11 and i done 8 modules in year 10, module 5 including i got 15/20, just 1 mark away from A. My average is 13.5 i have 4 modules to complete which are 2, 4, 7,9 for modules 2 and 7 i will be doing on November 20.

About the heart it is module 8, and metals is probably 3. I got 10 for module 8 and 12 for module 3. Beware the heart 1 is well hard too many diagrams, i suggest you know all the diagrams . Have u done module 2 and 7 ?
These are my first modules, so no. I am scared lol. There is so much to remember, and it's very complicated. I think I know most of the metals and most of the heart etc now, I just need a way to remember it.
I have tried loads of past papers, and they are not as easy as they sound, its all very confusing.
Yes im doing AQA. The test is out of 36 and you have to get 30 for an A.
FudgeMonkey
Report 17 years ago
yeah, its pretty high grade boundries...considering in GCSE maths 60% gets you an A!
gemgems89
Rep:
?
yeah, its pretty high grade boundries...considering in GCSE maths 60% gets you an A!
Really? I thought it was more than that.

But in science, say if you get an A on your first mod and a C on your second it will average out to a B, so you need to keep your marks consistant. Which can be quite hard because you can do well on most modules and bad on the others and it will bring you down...
FudgeMonkey
Report 17 years ago
Yeah but if you get almost perfect coursework (20%) and ok modules (averaging at a B) You are on to an A. The CGP Science revision guides are really good and really helped me. There is so much to remember in science, you should aim to do an hour a night from now untill your exams! I always found the biology exams easy as the concepts (at GCSE Level) are not really hard to grasp, you just need to become confident with processes. Just learn the names of the heart, the name of organs etc...you willl always pick up easy marks. You will start to be able to predict what questions will come up.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Yeah but if you get almost perfect coursework (20%) and ok modules (averaging at a B) You are on to an A. The CGP Science revision guides are really good and really helped me. There is so much to remember in science, you should aim to do an hour a night from now untill your exams! I always found the biology exams easy as the concepts (at GCSE Level) are not really hard to grasp, you just need to become confident with processes. Just learn the names of the heart, the name of organs etc...you willl always pick up easy marks. You will start to be able to predict what questions will come up.
Yep, very true, thanks!
germg08
Badges:
Report 17 years ago

im doing it im trying to revise so i typed the name of what im doing in yahoo and it brought me here to your little message so i thought i'd register just to reply. what school do you go to. i hope i do well in it. good luck
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (506)
51.32%
No (480)
48.68%

Watched Threads