The Student Room Group

has he realised yet?!?!

my mate has a problem, she likes this guy and is giving him the biggest hints ever thats she likes him and he is being stupid or is just tryin 2 pretend he doesnt realise...... i think she should leave it because my theory is that he realises and doesnt like her in the same way and is therefore pretending he doesnt realise so he doesnt hurt her..... however my other friend thinks that he either doesnt realise or realises and is just playing hard to get because he doesnt kno how to tell her..... this is there txt convo.... opinions please!!! thnx!

him: "how r u hun?"

her: "im okay, just abit pissed off. i like this guy but he doesnt seem to realise and if he does he isnt doing anything about it!" (talking about him!)

him: "well if he aint doing anything about it then he either aint interested for some reason or he's waiting for you to make the first move, depends on what type of guy he is."

her: "must be crazy if he aint interested, lolz! naaah, im just playin! i dunno, i gave him so many hints and he doesnt seem to realise and its not like im going to tell him up front cos im scared of rejection and dnt wanna wreck things! me make the 1st move... aint gonna happen! would help if i knew if he liked me or not! i kno its crazy!"

him: "it depends on what type of guy he is, has he got a good personality or is he a dic*? is he ugly or good looking? have u known him 4 ages? would u wanna wreck ur friendship?"

her: "lolz, he aint amazingly fit or anything but he's got to be one of the most decent guys iv met with a fab personality iv known him 4 a while" (so obvious she's describing him)

him: "well if he aint all that then he aint really worth it! find sum1 else, lolz!"

her: "lolz! hmmm... looks arent everything! he aint ugly, just aint all that! dont worry bout it, i just realised something!" (says this cos she thinks the whole "find sum1 else" is him tellin her he's not interested!)

so what do you think......

1. he likes her and is just playing hard to get.

2. he doesnt like her in that way and is just letting her know without hurting her and is just pretending he doesnt realise.

3. he hasnt realised yet!

Scroll to see replies

if this is all u got to base it on, id say he doesnt kno shes talking bout him. cos i didnt!
Reply 2
the fact shes actually talking about him to him will confuse the situation.

tell it straight and save the BS! you'll get an answer quicker too.
I think all of these mind games are waste of time and life. Subtlety should be employed, but if things start getting serious, one of them should tell the other, straight out. There isn't much that'll be lost, usually, if both sides are sensible about it. And it helps to clear the air too.
lessthanthree
I'm afraid it's do or die ;_;

Yeah, definitely.
Reply 5
I'll tell you my story and you can take from it what you will!

Me and this guy were friends for about 3 years when I decided that I liked him. I tried by very best to flirt with him which was practically everything but jumping on him. He just didn't seem to blink!!!.
In the end I though enough is enough so I got drunk and with my dutch courage I rang him and asked him out.
We've now been going out for 2 and a half years and everythings fine.
I asked him if he noticed me flirting with him and he said that he did but he daren't do anything about it.

I think your friend should just ask him and see what he says. Tell her its a lot easier when you're drunk. :wink:

Hope this helps
Kate
Reply 6
k! we just dnt want her 2 kinda make a fool of herself cos she'l probs just go bright red n start cryin or somethin i f he says "i dnt like u in that way!".... lolz! i still think she shouldnt cos i dont want her to wreck things with this guy cos i think things will get to awkward after she's told him but i spose ur all right..... she'l never kno till she asks!
MissisKate
I think your friend should just ask him and see what he says. Tell her its a lot easier when you're drunk. :wink:

Some people don't drink you know... But yeah, still, it's best to just come out with it.
Reply 8
MissisKate

Me and this guy were friends for about 3 years when I decided that I liked him. I tried by very best to flirt with him which was practically everything but jumping on him. He just didn't seem to blink!!!.
In the end I though enough is enough so I got drunk and with my dutch courage I rang him and asked him out.
I asked him if he noticed me flirting with him and he said that he did but he daren't do anything about it.

Hope this helps
Kate

awwww..... such a cute 'fairytale' story (except the whole gettin drunk thing! lol) she doesnt drink though cos she's muslim (and isnt meant 2 have a bf either!) but yea... :p:
Reply 9
maz69
him: "how r u hun?"

her: "im okay, just abit pissed off. i like this guy but he doesnt seem to realise and if he does he isnt doing anything about it!" (talking about him!)

him: "well if he aint doing anything about it then he either aint interested for some reason or he's waiting for you to make the first move, depends on what type of guy he is."

her: "must be crazy if he aint interested, lolz! naaah, im just playin! i dunno, i gave him so many hints and he doesnt seem to realise and its not like im going to tell him up front cos im scared of rejection and dnt wanna wreck things! me make the 1st move... aint gonna happen! would help if i knew if he liked me or not! i kno its crazy!"

him: "it depends on what type of guy he is, has he got a good personality or is he a dic*? is he ugly or good looking? have u known him 4 ages? would u wanna wreck ur friendship?"

her: "lolz, he aint amazingly fit or anything but he's got to be one of the most decent guys iv met with a fab personality iv known him 4 a while" (so obvious she's describing him)

him: "well if he aint all that then he aint really worth it! find sum1 else, lolz!"

her: "lolz! hmmm... looks arent everything! he aint ugly, just aint all that! dont worry bout it, i just realised something!" (says this cos she thinks the whole "find sum1 else" is him tellin her he's not interested!)

This entire exercise would seem stupidly counter-productive, but for that one, illuminating paragraph. Is it just me, or does the negative response seem more than a tad abrupt and premature for someone who "isn't interested"?
Reply 10
MissisKate

Being drunk is wholly indispensible as a means of negotiating the "heat of the moment"; although it won't necessarily promise to negate any wholesale torment felt in the aftermath. As I well know. :rolleyes:
Reply 11
sounds like the guy has no idea
Reply 12
Profesh
This entire exercise would seem stupidly counter-productive, but for that one, illuminating paragraph. Is it just me, or does the negative response seem more than a tad abrupt and premature for someone who "isn't interested"?

sorry having a blonde moment (sorry to all the blondes out there, i luv ya all really!) what r u tryin 2 say? that he likes her?
Reply 13
He clearly hasnt realised yet
Reply 14
MissisKate

Hope this helps
Kate

lol! good idea. only, maybe he won't believe you if you are drunk? :biggrin: :confused:
Reply 15
She's made a BIG mistake by telling him that he "ain't all that".. what guy wants to hear that?

Plus she SO didn't drop enough hints.. the guy she describes could be a lot of people..
Reply 16
maz69
sorry having a blonde moment (sorry to all the blondes out there, i luv ya all really!) what r u tryin 2 say? that he likes her?

I should err on the side of an affirmative, although it is quite conceivable that he may simply have been being flippant. Ether way: such mind-games can only be ill-advised, inasmuch as they more often than not produce ambiguous results; what's more, her overtures to the effect of "liking another guy" are equally liable to constitute anathema, reducing the probability of his conjuring sufficient resolve to make a "first move", in lieu of the possibility that her proverbial ship has sailed. I'm afraid that there really is nothing else to it: one way or another, she must confront him.
Reply 17
F. Poste
She's made a BIG mistake by telling him that he "ain't all that".. what guy wants to hear that?

Plus she SO didn't drop enough hints.. the guy she describes could be a lot of people..

thats exactly what i said to her! :p:
Reply 18
id say best opportunity would be either spread a roumour just b4 a party or try and get him to fancy her
Reply 19
F. Poste

Indeed. If it so transpires that he might actually reciprocate her sentiment, his faith in any subsequent relationship would be nonetheless liable to suffer.

Quite; and for lack of specificity, such ill-conceived attempts at coercion may well prove counter-intuitive.

Latest

Trending

Trending