Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    k no this aint nothin 2 do wit work but it affects mine, i swim 4 ma town n hav messed up my knees by doin breastroke & i also dance. prob is wit ma knees messed up i cant dance does ne1 know how i can sort ma knees out or wat wud b rong wot them??? tis jus i hav a rly important dance exam n need 2 do well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_cutie44)
    k no this aint nothin 2 do wit work but it affects mine, i swim 4 ma town n hav messed up my knees by doin breastroke & i also dance. prob is wit ma knees messed up i cant dance does ne1 know how i can sort ma knees out or wat wud b rong wot them??? tis jus i hav a rly important dance exam n need 2 do well.
    No one here is going to be able to tell you...go to your GP and get an expert opinion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    No one here is going to be able to tell you...go to your GP and get an expert opinion!
    i been there n he gave me 100 ibuprofen n sed take em wen it hurts that did alot!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Visit your GP and get referred to a physiotherapist at your local hospital - they'll be able to give you a diagnosis as to what is wrong and exercises/orthotics (splints/braces etc) to wear to help reduce the danger.

It's highly unlikely you've damaged you're knee through swimming as it doesn't have to bear any weight - dancing is much higher risk when it comes to joint problems.

ReputationRep:
    i been there n he gave me 100 ibuprofen n sed take em wen it hurts that did alot!
    Buy an elastic knee brace, they help.

ReputationRep:
    If this is the case then your probably just bruised the bone or something like that. If there was anything that needed further attention, your GP would have dealt with it or refered you elsewhere as Pencil Queen suggested.

It will just be a matter of letting them heal themselves.

ReputationRep:
    cheers guys
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Buy an elastic knee brace, they help.
    Don't do this - it's dangerous...many people get dependant on external support instead of solving the problem through exercise and rest...go to a professional physio, rest your knee as much as you can, wear a knee brace when you put your knee under srtess (like when dancing) and be sure to warm up and down before and after exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Don't do this - it's dangerous...many people get dependant on external support instead of solving the problem through exercise and rest...go to a professional physio, rest your knee as much as you can, wear a knee brace when you put your knee under srtess (like when dancing) and be sure to warm up and down before and after exercise.
    I meant for her to use the brace when she was dancing. Not to wear it 24 hours a day. I went to school for nursing so I do know a few things.

ReputationRep:
    Take Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Infinity)
    I meant for her to use the brace when she was dancing. Not to wear it 24 hours a day.
    That's cool - sorry to over-react but my husbands physio is always ranting about people relying on tubigrip instead of getting things sorted...it's a good safeguard when doing risky activities but too many people find it helpful and take the next step and wear them all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    Now that's dangerous too much vitamin A.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    7 sea = rip off

Goldsheild are much cheaper/better and the cod liver oil is also excellent advice for people with joint problems.

ReputationRep:
    That's cool - sorry to over-react but my husbands physio is always ranting about people relying on tubigrip instead of getting things sorted...it's a good safeguard when doing risky activities but too many people find it helpful and take the next step and wear them all the time.
    That's OK.

ReputationRep:
    7 sea = rip off

Goldsheild are much cheaper/better and the cod liver oil is also excellent advice for people with joint problems.
    I know! What is with that?!? If you go to Holland and Barett you can get a whole bottle for like, a quid. Yet them little caplets cost about 3 quid! Rip off innit.

ReputationRep:
    But They Taste So Nice !

But They Taste So Nice !
    OMG do you really look like that picture kikzen? *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    Hey I swim.. didn't know the breastroke messes up your knees though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered007)
    OMG do you really look like that picture kikzen? *shudders*
    I bought a daily vitamen supplement - contains loads of vitamins - just take one a day. Only cost a couple quid for a bottle of 60
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by NikNak)
    I bought a daily vitamen supplement - contains loads of vitamins - just take one a day. Only cost a couple quid for a bottle of 60
    Personally i'm a wuss when it comes to tablets - I take bassetts soft and chewy multi vits - raspberry flavour

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.