The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Original post by diamonddust

Edit: UEA accommodation, are we allowed to use blutack/whitetack on the walls?

Everyone I know did in accom :smile: they even have massive poster sales in freshers week. Just as long as you don't make a big mess/marks when you leave. If you're worried there is plenty of notice board space though.

I think there's a rule, something like 1/3rd of the wall space can be posters? It's to do with fires. But as long as your wall isn't completely covered you should be fine, I had 3 posters up :smile:

xxx
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Lucyyy
Fraid not, I was in Britten! Though the rooms are exactly the same so if there's anything about those you want know then fire away :smile:

I think Colman was the biggest, very closely followed by Britten and Paston! All of them are 30something flats.

do you have any pics of your room in Britten?
Original post by jelly1000
do you have any pics of your room in Britten?

I know you're not directing this at me, but I posted some upthread. Here:

Original post by pigwigeon

Spoiler

Congrats on the Britten offer! I had a great year in it last year. If my new house wasn't so nice I'd be sitting on the threshold on move-in day demanding to be let back in. I'm sure you'll have an awesome year.
Do u think they will give out more offers on monday?
Original post by Benammieh
Do u think they will give out more offers on monday?

I believe so, yes (in the afternoon)
I know you're not directing this at me, but I posted some upthread. Here:

Congrats on the Britten offer! I had a great year in it last year. If my new house wasn't so nice I'd be sitting on the threshold on move-in day demanding to be let back in. I'm sure you'll have an awesome year.

cheers for those, didnt see them before! but the room looks a good size. and yeah i cant wait. also am i right in thinking their arent any lifts?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2046
Original post by rinxyd
Nice to meet u too :smile: will be studyn accounting and finance...and urself? :smile:

Psychology, whereabouts are you coming from??

Original post by angie8
Im in constable terrace too. so excited

Original post by Jakelee
Me.
:smile:

Hi :biggrin: where are you guys from/what are u studying?
cheers for those, didnt see them before! but the room looks a good size. and yeah i cant wait. also am i right in thinking their arent any lifts?

Yep, there are lifts. Depends which block you're in, though. We had a lift in ours, as did the next block across because there were disabled rooms in the ground floor flats. So if you're in (I think) flats 9-24, there'll be a lift. Ours wasn't working on move-in day which was a pain, but was functioning throughout most of the year, with a few exceptions (like various body fluids/about 10kg of flour ended up in it and accommodation switched it off). Have you been told flats this year? Last year we were told flat numbers with our offers.
Yep, there are lifts. Depends which block you're in, though. We had a lift in ours, as did the next block across because there were disabled rooms in the ground floor flats. So if you're in (I think) flats 9-24, there'll be a lift. Ours wasn't working on move-in day which was a pain, but was functioning throughout most of the year, with a few exceptions (like various body fluids/about 10kg of flour ended up in it and accommodation switched it off). Have you been told flats this year? Last year we were told flat numbers with our offers.

I hope I'm in one of those then. A friend of mine was in the top floor of halls at another uni and didn't have a lift. And nah we weren't told flat numbers sadly, UEAAccomodation said we wont know which flat we are in until we collect the keys.
Reply 2049
I hope I'm in one of those then. A friend of mine was in the top floor of halls at another uni and didn't have a lift. And nah we weren't told flat numbers sadly, UEAAccomodation said we wont know which flat we are in until we collect the keys.

Not knowing flat numbers is fine really, I didn't know mine (village 2 years ago, gah that makes me feel old!) and it's the fun of finding it all out on the day! Just plan for not having a lift, there will be current students there to help you in to accom and as far as I can make out they just point the way and help you carry, so it makes it a lot easier ><.

My friend was in a block with lifts but his section didn't have one because he said it had been 'replaced with a disabled toilet on the top floor'... somewhat defying the point lol.
Original post by kpwxx
Not knowing flat numbers is fine really, I didn't know mine (village 2 years ago, gah that makes me feel old!) and it's the fun of finding it all out on the day! Just plan for not having a lift, there will be current students there to help you in to accom and as far as I can make out they just point the way and help you carry, so it makes it a lot easier ><.

My friend was in a block with lifts but his section didn't have one because he said it had been 'replaced with a disabled toilet on the top floor'... somewhat defying the point lol.

I can bet that toilet never got used by disabled people then. I guess its not the end of the world if I don't get a lift, it just would be nice. And you'd think in the 21st century a new block of halls would have lifts as standard.
Reply 2051
Roughly how much stuff will you have to move in? A suitcase? Or 2? Few boxes?? I live in my own flat at the moment so I'm finding it hard to pack light ! Quite stressful finding somewhere to store my furniture and decide what to sell/chuck! I have too much stuff :-(
Reply 2052
I can bet that toilet never got used by disabled people then. I guess its not the end of the world if I don't get a lift, it just would be nice. And you'd think in the 21st century a new block of halls would have lifts as standard.

I think it was some regulation that they have to have a disabled toilet or something :?

And yeah I suppose, although it is a student block. I mean, students tend to have a bad reputation for stuff like making a mess or breaking things or messing around with stuff like lifts unnecessarily... no idea where that image came from?! Leicester uni has one of those old lifts that goes round in a circle and doesn't have doors and they said they have it turned off for the first two weeks of term otherwise freshers get too excited and break it ><

xxx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2053
Original post by Fliq
Roughly how much stuff will you have to move in? A suitcase? Or 2? Few boxes?? I live in my own flat at the moment so I'm finding it hard to pack light ! Quite stressful finding somewhere to store my furniture and decide what to sell/chuck! I have too much stuff :-(

Just for reference when I came I had the car full to the brim with stuff (though my parents were there too) and one person had more than one car full of stuff! You can pack quite a bit in to all the rooms if you're ingenious with storage. Obviously not the furniture so much but other possessions should be not too bad

xxx
Reply 2054
Original post by kpwxx
I think it was some regulation that they have to have a disabled toilet or something :?

And yeah I suppose, although it is a student block. I mean, students tend to have a bad reputation for stuff like making a mess or breaking things or messing around with stuff like lifts unnecessarily... no idea where that image came from?! Leicester uni has one of those old lifts that goes round in a circle and doesn't have doors and they said they have it turned off for the first two weeks of term otherwise freshers get too excited and break it ><

xxx

Haha so true though ! I remember when I was in year 10 and we had a school trip to sheffield and stayed at the university... I pressed the lift button, when the door opened the lift was full with people dancing and drinking to zombie nation! Party in the lift lol.
Reply 2055
Original post by kpwxx
Just for reference when I came I had the car full to the brim with stuff (though my parents were there too) and one person had more than one car full of stuff! You can pack quite a bit in to all the rooms if you're ingenious with storage. Obviously not the furniture so much but other possessions should be not too bad

xxx

Ah thankyou, this makes me feels better! :-)
Original post by Lucyyy
Congrats to anyone who gets Britten house, its the place to be :p: Though I found out my flat number when I got my accommodation offer, just had to wait till moving in day to find the room number.. odd!

We've taken that info off the offer letters this year (It wasn't really supposed to be on there last year either to be honest!).

Original post by chocolatedonald
i accepted using an alternative email address to the one on file as i have two, one is forwarding to the other. will this make any difference given that i included my name and student number or do i have to reply using the same email address as the one used to receive the offer?

This won't make any difference. We use the information on the email rather than the email address to find you on the system.
Original post by queenvictoria
I haven't received an offer, I'm an unconditional, now I'm panicking slightly. I couldn't get accomodation for university last year which stopped me from going, so understandably I'm really nervous that something has gone wrong...can anyone reassure me that there is still a batch of unconditional offers that has not gone out yet??

I've PM'ed you back. Remember to check your junk mail.

Original post by MarkyA
What course are you doing? If you're a Nursing Student then you will most likely get an email sometime next week (as I've heard...)

Maybe this week, maybe next week. It's too early to say since it's only Monday morning. As always I'll post on here when we send some out.

Original post by Benammieh
I notice we both are studying film and something else so maybe there could be a link with course and allocation date. Hopefully monday we will find out or before a levels results come out. Im so desperate to know now

No, it's nothing to do with that! We just do a small number at first to make sure that everything is working. Not everyone get's allocated in the first batches. Don't worry if you haven't got an offer yet. More people haven't than have.
Reply 2058
Just sent my acceptance email woop!

Is everyone else moving in on the 24th?
Original post by Ralpharm
Lol UEAaccom's mail will probably be bursting full of complaints now. Guys just remember they said offers are still going out so relax :smile: &amp; DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL.

Tell me about it! It's fine though, I don't mind checking the odd one or two but if you have any queries normally you can email [email protected] or phone 01603 592092 to speak to our info team. They will be able to help you.

Original post by Fliq
Ha. I'm such a mug, just read the email again and it says to include name and ID number, how did I miss that!? Must be all the excitement! Resent now, hopefully it will not cause any problems.

We will need that info on the accept email. It's not easy to cross reference you by email alone. Don't worry if you have sent more than one. I'd rather have two than the wrong information.

Still haven't found 1 student at Browne house, hmph!

There will be 59 other students there with you in the building. Check your emails later. I'll be sending out info about the facebook groups I've set up for you all. I'll be sending info out to everyone who has been allocated to my buildings. You should be able to meet more residents in there!

Am I right in thinking Britten is one of/the biggest?

One of the biggest, yes. It's also the newest.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending