The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Palsied
I've started applying, but I have no idea what school Psychology is classed as! Social work and psychosocial science, maybe?

Is Psychology on its own not one? I don't do Psychology but I'm at UEA and on my portal its listed separately from social work.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Palsied
I've started applying, but I have no idea what school Psychology is classed as! Social work and psychosocial science, maybe?

I had the same problem! Psychosocial seemed to be the only thing it fit under.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Palsied

Original post by Sixdegreesofsoph
I had the same problem! Psychosocial seemed to be the only thing it fit under.

Posted from TSR Mobile

School of psychology is definitely a separate school

http://www.uea.ac.uk/psychology

It has been for a good while now as I looked in to taking a module with them in my second year. School of social work is distinct.

Maybe phone up the accommodation people and ask, it might be an error on the form. Chances are they'll tell you to out the nearest one which you've already found but it's worth checking.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive been accepted into UEa but for the January intake... i was just wondering if anyone new how different this was. like socially and that? aslso are we still able to get accomadation in halls?
What is the accommodation at Wolfson and Orwell houses like at UEA?! I'm not sure what they will be like? :smile:
What are the Orwell and Wolfson houses like?? :smile:
Does anyone have any advice of what I should pick for accommodation at University of East Anglia. I want to live on campus but don't know what to pick. Is it worth getting an en-suite it's almost an extra £30 a week though and I don't really mind if I have to share or not.
Reply 4187
Yes it definitely is worth getting en-suite. The sharing bathrooms are often temperamental and shared by many!
Original post by naimalane
Does anyone have any advice of what I should pick for accommodation at University of East Anglia. I want to live on campus but don't know what to pick. Is it worth getting an en-suite it's almost an extra £30 a week though and I don't really mind if I have to share or not.
Reply 4188
Original post by alanapoppy123
What is the accommodation at Wolfson and Orwell houses like at UEA?! I'm not sure what they will be like? :smile:

They are fine! Not as modern as the others but still okay!
Reply 4189
I am having trouble with the registration for UEL accommodation. It asks me for a student ID, which I haven't received. Can anyone help please?

Thankyou :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ayad7
I am having trouble with the registration for UEL accommodation. It asks me for a student ID, which I haven't received. Can anyone help please?

It should be on any emails that you have received from the UEA. Check your email they sent when they offered you a place, it will definitely be on there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you on the correct forum? UEL is East London uni.
A mistake I have made myself.
Original post by Sixdegreesofsoph
It should be on any emails that you have received from the UEA. Check your email they sent when they offered you a place, it will definitely be on there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They aren't applying to UEA though, they've posted in the wrong forum
Original post by Ayad7

Try the UEL forum
Hi. I'm wondering what the newly upgraded Ziggurat rooms are like and whether the bathroom arrangements are a pain? I put them second in my application (after ensuite campus) as I thought it handier to be on campus than in the Village (I'm on an Arts course, so not at lectures all day). Now I feel that 12 people to only 2 loos and 2 bathrooms is not great, and that I let myself be swayed by attractive photo of an upgraded ziggurat room! Wondering if I should swap Village and Zig as second and third and if that's possible? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Rohindra
Hi. I'm wondering what the newly upgraded Ziggurat rooms are like and whether the bathroom arrangements are a pain? I put them second in my application (after ensuite campus) as I thought it handier to be on campus than in the Village (I'm on an Arts course, so not at lectures all day). Now I feel that 12 people to only 2 loos and 2 bathrooms is not great, and that I let myself be swayed by attractive photo of an upgraded ziggurat room! Wondering if I should swap Village and Zig as second and third and if that's possible? Thanks in advance.

They shouldn't be- no-one I know in standard halls has had problems, with people having different schedules they use them at different times and they get cleaned twice a week.
Hello

Could anyone please help me out. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how far the village accommodation is from the main campus (and can you please tell me the distance in kilometres and metres instead of in minutes? :smile: )

Thanks!
Original post by Liz Ben
Hello

Could anyone please help me out. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how far the village accommodation is from the main campus (and can you please tell me the distance in kilometres and metres instead of in minutes? :smile: )

Thanks!

any reason why you want to know in meters? The village is literally across the road from the main campus so unless you have difficulty walking I would say its an almost insignificant amount of meters.
Original post by jelly1000
any reason why you want to know in meters? The village is literally across the road from the main campus so unless you have difficulty walking I would say its an almost insignificant amount of meters.

Because from what i could see in the map in the accommodation brochure it looked like it was a little far but i thought it might be the angle the pic was taken in and i know everyone says its a 10 minute walk but i wanted to get a better idea :smile: *one of the reasons is im kinda not excited about the walk to uni and back during winter :frown: *

Latest

Trending

Trending