The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone in constable terrace?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by emtheelf
I have been told that's my only real option if I'm completely rejected from accommodation. I don't really want to live in the private sector first year though. It's a bit of a dilemma. I'm considering deferring but I'm not sure if they'd let me if this is the reason why.

have a look at homerun :smile: university approved landlords and there are students looking to fill a room
Original post by thatalienET
In Colman House, CH14M, anyone else or some Facebook groups?

colman house fb group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/956285774389707/1012257118792572/?notif_t=group_activity
colman house, flat 10 anyone????? we have a fb group.
They just e-mailed me and said we'll know by the 25th if we get accommodation at UEA or not
Original post by lilGem
have a look at homerun :smile: university approved landlords and there are students looking to fill a room

I've registered for it but don't really want to be with second years or third years just as a filled room, I'm trying to find first years but don't really want to live in private accommodation at all. We'll see what happens.
I've registered for it but don't really want to be with second years or third years just as a filled room, I'm trying to find first years but don't really want to live in private accommodation at all. We'll see what happens.

Try and look at it from the perspective that you will have to live in private after first year anyway, so this is just a year sooner. Yes it will be with strangers but so would uni accom.

I understand wanting to be with first years, but hopefully you will be able to as there will be many others in your situation. Norwich is a reasonably small city and most of the private student accommodation on offer is close to the uni - feel free to ask about any particular locations if you would like to (PM if you want!!).

Having said that, my husband (then boyfriend) moved in with a group of UEA second years he'd never met. He was incredibly nervous but he ended up becoming great friends with them and they are now still, several years on, some of our closest friends. I spent lots of time with them too so wasn't in my uea accom much (back when even insurance and clearing students got rooms!!) And I still made friends in my year/on my course as well.

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx
Try and look at it from the perspective that you will have to live in private after first year anyway, so this is just a year sooner. Yes it will be with strangers but so would uni accom.

I understand wanting to be with first years, but hopefully you will be able to as there will be many others in your situation. Norwich is a reasonably small city and most of the private student accommodation on offer is close to the uni - feel free to ask about any particular locations if you would like to (PM if you want!!).

Having said that, my husband (then boyfriend) moved in with a group of UEA second years he'd never met. He was incredibly nervous but he ended up becoming great friends with them and they are now still, several years on, some of our closest friends. I spent lots of time with them too so wasn't in my uea accom much (back when even insurance and clearing students got rooms!!) And I still made friends in my year/on my course as well.

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand that but it's not the university experience I really want (being so far away from where the majority of first years are and not being with people from my year) add to that how little help we're getting and what a mad scramble it is to find any sort of private accommodation and it's really turning me off the whole thing.

I'll wait until Tuesday to hear for definite that I haven't got accommodation before I decide anything but I don't want to be in that situation and also know my parents (who will be paying for my rent almost fully) don't really want me in it either.

I've been talking to other first years but we've had little assistance and have no way of viewing properties. There's not a huge amount of houses really so everyone is trying to get the same ones. It's just really not what I wanted to be doing four weeks before I left for uni.
I understand that but it's not the university experience I really want (being so far away from where the majority of first years are and not being with people from my year) add to that how little help we're getting and what a mad scramble it is to find any sort of private accommodation and it's really turning me off the whole thing.

I'll wait until Tuesday to hear for definite that I haven't got accommodation before I decide anything but I don't want to be in that situation and also know my parents (who will be paying for my rent almost fully) don't really want me in it either.

I've been talking to other first years but we've had little assistance and have no way of viewing properties. There's not a huge amount of houses really so everyone is trying to get the same ones. It's just really not what I wanted to be doing four weeks before I left for uni.

If you do defer, you'll have a higher chance of being in halls next year, not only due to having place at uni confirmed but also the new halls of residence will be open.

https://portal.uea.ac.uk/estates/improving-your-campus/buildings-and-projects/theblackdaledevelopment.
Original post by Cate1976
If you do defer, you'll have a higher chance of being in halls next year, not only due to having place at uni confirmed but also the new halls of residence will be open.

https://portal.uea.ac.uk/estates/improving-your-campus/buildings-and-projects/theblackdaledevelopment.

Oh my goodness, thank you, I didn't even know this was happening. I'll ask to make sure if/when I phone the university about this but thanks. I know my parents were worried the same thing would happen all over again.

Fair enough. I understand your feelings totally - before getting results I had already decided that if I didn't get in to UEA I was going to defer and try again. If you have a certain idea of what you want it may be worth that year to wait to get it. I hope that if that's the choice you make the uni allows you to defer. And best of luck for this year, you still have a chance with that!

Like the poster above said I would find it highly likely you'd get a place as a confirmed student next year, however of course always check thoroughly. Make sure that having applied previously won't have an impact on it either.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx
Fair enough. I understand your feelings totally - before getting results I had already decided that if I didn't get in to UEA I was going to defer and try again. If you have a certain idea of what you want it may be worth that year to wait to get it. I hope that if that's the choice you make the uni allows you to defer. And best of luck for this year, you still have a chance with that!

Like the poster above said I would find it highly likely you'd get a place as a confirmed student next year, however of course always check thoroughly. Make sure that having applied previously won't have an impact on it either.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: It was just already tough after not getting into my firm and being really close to that and then having all these issues now. It really feels like UEA has abandoned us too. Everyone I've asked only found out that they didn't have accommodation because we asked them, not because they told us and have found them really lacking when they've emailed or phoned to ask for assistance. I'm still talking it through with my parents but I'll triple check with the uni too before I actually defer or anything like that.
Reply 5212
Original post by ASofia
im CT21B, what flat does that mean im in?

I'm next door in CT21A!
Original post by mobbsy91
I'm thinking (maybe wrong) It's BH (Britten House) 11 (Flat 11?) H (room H?)

Hi, I'm in flat 11 too :smile: room J, are you on the facebook group for Britten House? :smile:
Original post by IndiaWedge
Hi, I'm in flat 11 too :smile: room J, are you on the facebook group for Britten House? :smile:

Have some rep for being my flatmate!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Is all accommodation at UEA self catered? :smile:
Original post by JoshC98
Is all accommodation at UEA self catered? :smile:

yep
Original post by runefrog129
I am in constable terrace! Studying International Relations

I'm in Constable Terrace (29)

Mature student (28)

Studying Accounting & Finance.
CT29E! :smile: I'm 28, studying Accounting & Finance.
Reply 5219
Original post by 1fortheroad
CT29E! :smile: I'm 28, studying Accounting & Finance.

I too am studying Accounting and Finance and I am in Constable Terrace

Latest

Trending

Trending