The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Rfc_07
in the accomodation guide it says Browne and Kett are only avaliable to postgraduates, so howcome I've been placed in Browne??

The guide you have may be slightly out of date now! Browne and Kett Houses are currently Postgraduate yes but in September they will become Undergraduate buildings. We swap the use of the buildings around from time to time. I can assure you that you will be living with other Undergrads!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Marta_k
Nope, home student and doing maths with computing :s

I should probably email them about that :s-smilie:

It is possible that your record hasn't been updated at our end. If you want to me to check it out drop me a private message on here with your UEA student number on it and I can look it up for you. Its very easy for us to change your start date if its wrong!
Reply 662
UEAAccommodation

Just to check - once we've emailed to accept our room offer, are we meant to get a confirmation back, or just assume that it's all sorted?
Reply 663
BethanW
Just to check - once we've emailed to accept our room offer, are we meant to get a confirmation back, or just assume that it's all sorted?

No confirmation, however after a few days you should get an invite for the Facebook group for your particular location :smile:
Reply 664
I start at UEA in September for English and American Literature, and I've just been assigned Kett House, but I've read that it's relatively far from campus, quite small, and mainly with international students. Is this right?! Cos if it is I'd rather try my luck at calling up and switching

ALSO if I did switch where should I aim for?

Please heeeelp I only have a week to do this!
Forum555
I start at UEA in September for English and American Literature, and I've just been assigned Kett House, but I've read that it's relatively far from campus, quite small, and mainly with international students. Is this right?! Cos if it is I'd rather try my luck at calling up and switching

ALSO if I did switch where should I aim for?

Please heeeelp I only have a week to do this!

Well it's not far from campus, as all accommodation (apart from the village) is ON campus. With regards to the international students, I heard that they tend to go for the village. And tbf you're only going to be sharing your accommodation with a maximum of 14 people anyway, more likely to be 8-12, so by what definition is it small?
Reply 666
Oh right yeah sorry I wasn't thinking about the fact I'll be with at least 8 other people, so the size of the building doesn't really matter does it. To be honest my main concern now is reading that Kett House is mainly reserved for international students, you know, in a non mean way.
I can't seem to find a single person that lives there!
Reply 667
UEAAccommodation
The guide you have may be slightly out of date now! Browne and Kett Houses are currently Postgraduate yes but in September they will become Undergraduate buildings. We swap the use of the buildings around from time to time. I can assure you that you will be living with other Undergrads!

phew, ok thanks. I accepted my offer by emailing the 'acceptaccom' email address with my name, student ID and accomodation details. Is that right?
Reply 668
I'm in Browne House, next door to Kett, and I'm having the same issues
Reply 669
If I haven't heard about my accommodation yet, should I assume I don't have my first choice? :frown:
Reply 670
Lit2010
If I haven't heard about my accommodation yet, should I assume I don't have my first choice? :frown:

Nahh I only recieved mine in an e-mail yesterday, and I know people who still don't know, call up if you're worried though
Reply 671
Forum555
Nahh I only recieved mine in an e-mail yesterday, and I know people who still don't know, call up if you're worried though

ok, thanks :smile: I reeeeally hope I get my first choice of ensuite campus
Forum555
Oh right yeah sorry I wasn't thinking about the fact I'll be with at least 8 other people, so the size of the building doesn't really matter does it. To be honest my main concern now is reading that Kett House is mainly reserved for international students, you know, in a non mean way.
I can't seem to find a single person that lives there!

As far as I'm aware UEA do try to make accommodation as mixed as possible. That's why they don't give you a room allocation until you get there, so people can be mixed round if need be. I'd suggest finding the Kett house facebook group and seeing who's on there (or wait for UEA to invite you to join) and then if the international aspect is a real issue, then consider asking to switch. However, you've got no guarantee they'll let you, if they have any other options or when the switch could happen. People have had to spend a few weeks in accommodation before getting moved to their new room.
Reply 673
xXxBaby-BooxXx
As far as I'm aware UEA do try to make accommodation as mixed as possible. That's why they don't give you a room allocation until you get there, so people can be mixed round if need be. I'd suggest finding the Kett house facebook group and seeing who's on there (or wait for UEA to invite you to join) and then if the international aspect is a real issue, then consider asking to switch. However, you've got no guarantee they'll let you, if they have any other options or when the switch could happen. People have had to spend a few weeks in accommodation before getting moved to their new room.

Ah right, thank you! You've put my mind more at ease :smile: You speak a lot of sense lol
Forum555
Ah right, thank you! You've put my mind more at ease :smile: You speak a lot of sense lol

Haha no worries :smile: And well.....I try to :p: And I'll maybe see you at UEA in September!! :biggrin:
Reply 675
Jaredss
I guess so :yep:

Cannot wait- have you come across the facebook discussions

I have, us girls are so outnumbered!
I'm not sure where this whole "such and such a building is for international students" comes from. Its one of the things that gets rumoured every year and no matter how much we say otherwise it always spreads!

I'd just like to go on record now and say that none of our buildings are for International students only. We don't (and wouldn't) do this! All of our Undergraduate residences have people from all over the world in them. Pretty much every flat on campus will be filled in the majority by UK students purely by the shear numbers that come.

To give you all an idea of how we allocate the rooms to put your minds at rest we have what we call an integration policy here at the UEA which means that we try, whereever possible to ensure that each flat has a good mix of sexes, nationallities and people from different schools of study that way you get the opportunity to meet as many new people as possible when you live here!

The only areas where there will be more International Students than UK ones is in the Postgraduate areas. This is because we only guarantee rooms to International Postgrads and not for any other reason.

Please don't worry, you will have many new friends (from all over the world) when you get here!
Reply 677
UEAAccommodation
I'm not sure where this whole "such and such a building is for international students" comes from. Its one of the things that gets rumoured every year and no matter how much we say otherwise it always spreads!

I'd just like to go on record now and say that none of our buildings are for International students only. We don't (and wouldn't) do this! All of our Undergraduate residences have people from all over the world in them. Pretty much every flat on campus will be filled in the majority by UK students purely by the shear numbers that come.

To give you all an idea of how we allocate the rooms to put your minds at rest we have what we call an integration policy here at the UEA which means that we try, whereever possible to ensure that each flat has a good mix of sexes, nationallities and people from different schools of study that way you get the opportunity to meet as many new people as possible when you live here!

The only areas where there will be more International Students than UK ones is in the Postgraduate areas. This is because we only guarantee rooms to International Postgrads and not for any other reason.

Please don't worry, you will have many new friends (from all over the world) when you get here!

Thank youuu!
Reply 678
Just another quick question. I sent an email via hotmail to accept my offer- is there anyway of checking they have recieved it.

Also- it says CT 10-19. I take it that means I'm in either one of those 10 flats and thats decided when we get there

xXxBaby-BooxXx
:biggrin:

I see you are doing medicine. Congratulations
Reply 679
told
I have, us girls are so outnumbered!

oh I need to make an appearance. I think it might be a little more even when they allocate rooms, but from first look it looks a little outnumbered

Latest

Trending

Trending