The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mobius323
Is this the thread where everyone talks about their ackommadayshun?

Sorry, I had to.

that made me chuckle :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by goofy-blues
that made me chuckle :smile:

I also chuckled when I was thinking of the worst way to spell accommodation. I think I lol'd the most when I thought of typing "ackommalololololol" but then I thought I probably shouldn't.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I seriously wish people would learn to spell accommodation :sigh:

You pedant, you! :tongue:

Original post by ThePurpleRose
Finally managed to jump on the accommodation application band wagon. :h:

I chose Ensuite Premium as first choice, then the village. It was a tough choice for 3rd and 4th between the Ziggernauts and two person studio flat, but I picked the Ziggernauts 3rd... I really hope I get my top choice though. I'd like the village too, but I really don't want to have to share a bathroom...

Now I've just got to get the grades! Good luck to everyone still doing exams! :biggrin:

Hmmph. :tongue: I put the studio third and the village 1st and campus en suite 2nd.
Original post by jelly1000
Its ziggerats :redface: But hey we have the same first and second choices. I would have put the Ziggerats 3rd if it wasn't for the fact you share a bathroom with more people.

*joins in the pedantry* :tongue: :cool:
You all suck! Everyone knows the village is way more awesome than campus en suite will ever EVER be! :cool: Do you guys have a Glee boxset? Do you? :tongue: :laugh:
Original post by diamonddust

You pedant, you! :tongue:
*joins in the pedantry* :tongue: :cool:

Sorry :o: But if you are going to join in the pedantry, then you could correct the spelling of Ziggurat whilst you're there :wink:
Original post by makingamemory
Man if I choose the village you have a nice trek for advice/food :wink: haha I'm kidding.
Do we have to give a preference for each type of accommodation? Because after the main three I do not have a clue (/not interested)

Good luck to you too, have you done your French exam yet, if so how did it go?

*checks spelling as you guys have gone nazi over it* :tongue:

*cough*Come to the village *cough*
Otherwise I'll

Spoiler

:tongue:
Is this the thread where everyone talks about their ackommadayshun?

Sorry, I had to.

LOL :biggrin:
Accommodation is one of those words that makes your eyes go weird if you look at it for too long!

Accommodation is one of those words that makes your eyes go weird if you look at it for too long!

Ah, but what about "ackommadayshun"? If I look at it, I smirk.
glad my hiccup is keeping you all entertained lol

*passes sentence through spell-check 104,350 times*
*cough*Come to the village *cough*
Otherwise I'll

Spoiler

:tongue:

haha I shall make a decision as soon as my exams are over!

Awww the Glee episode yesterday (the funeral one) was so sad, I cried during Sue's speech :colondollar: *such a loser*

Got a pretty extensive list from my PSHE teacher today about what to bring with us. I'm wondering how the hell all of this is going to fit into a car!
Ah, but what about "ackommadayshun"? If I look at it, I smirk.

'ackommadayshun' makes me think of this amazing Patrick Ness book 'The Knife of Never Letting Go'. The main character spells everything phonetically! :awesome:
I sometimes think it would actually make sense to spell certain words phonetically... I don't see the point of silent letters! Though I don't suppose words would look as *neat* as they do now... /nerd
Original post by High As A Kite
glad my hiccup is keeping you all entertained lol

*passes sentence through spell-check 104,350 times*

LOL
haha I shall make a decision as soon as my exams are over!

Awww the Glee episode yesterday (the funeral one) was so sad, I cried during Sue's speech :colondollar: *such a loser*

Got a pretty extensive list from my PSHE teacher today about what to bring with us. I'm wondering how the hell all of this is going to fit into a car!

I got a little bit teary-eyed at her speech. I've actually seen it before! *even more of a loser* :tongue:

Don't leave meeee all alone in the village watching Darren Criss perform Teenage Dream and having no-one to watch it with.... :tongue: Which reminds me, have you seen this? It's SO precious! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxuWSXwR4Mc

* apologises to non Gleeks*

Bet she stole the list from TSR haha!

So accommodation... :tongue:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I seriously wish people would learn to spell accommodation :sigh:

Me too, but I'm used to it now after working here for so long.

You would not believe some of the spellings we get of it on things that come through to our office. All you need to remember is 2 Cees and 2 Mems!

The worst thing is when people tell us that our website isn't working and we go through troubleshooting with them only to find out they have spelt accommodation wrong in the URL.
(edited 12 years ago)
Frikin Hotmail - better not screw me over

maybe i can slip UEAAccomModation a coupla quid to save me a room... ha

As I've said, you should be fine. Don't worry. We'll update our website and I'll let everyone know on here if we have any problems with hotmail this year.

I'll also post like I did last year when we start allocating rooms/sending offers out so you know to look out for them.
x

in a bid to avoid revision i just discovered there is a glee society at UEA haha - you're in luck.

in a bid to avoid revision i just discovered there is a glee society at UEA haha - you're in luck.

WOW! Can't wait! :biggrin:

I've known that for ageeees! More motivation haha! :biggrin: I can't wait to get my... I was going to say 'get my Rachel Berry on' but I don't like her so... I can't wait to get my Kurt Hummel on! :tongue: :cool:

RS is evil though so we'll see if I actually get in! :rolleyes:
Original post by UEAAccommodation

You would not believe some of the spellings we get of it on things that come through to our office. All you need to remember is 2 Cees and 2 Mems!

The worst thing is when people tell us that our website isn't working and we go through troubleshooting with them only to find out they have spelt accommodation wrong in the URL.

:teehee:
As I've said, you should be fine. Don't worry. We'll update our website and I'll let everyone know on here if we have any problems with hotmail this year.

I'll also post like I did last year when we start allocating rooms/sending offers out so you know to look out for them.

Thank you! It's really great that you're on here! :biggrin:

The worst thing is when people tell us that our website isn't working and we go through troubleshooting with them only to find out they have spelt accomodation wrong in the URL.

accommodation* :rolleyes:
I think we all need to admit we can't spell.

LOL!!
I'll laugh if you end up in like Mary Champan for that

I got a little bit teary-eyed at her speech. I've actually seen it before! *even more of a loser* :tongue:

Don't leave meeee all alone in the village watching Darren Criss perform Teenage Dream and having no-one to watch it with.... :tongue: Which reminds me, have you seen this? It's SO precious! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxuWSXwR4Mc

* apologises to non Gleeks*

Bet she stole the list from TSR haha!

So accommodation... :tongue:

AWWWW HE IS SOOOOO ADORABLE! Bless him and he has some moves! (Do they actually sell uniforms? Kinda weird/sad *dont hate me!*)

That's what I thought, and the extra comments mocking us are funny like my best friend thought she'd have to take a matress up with her to Leicester and was wondering how that would work on a train. :facepalm:

haha the more I spend my time away from home the more the sound of paying a tenner extra each week to spend as much time in MY bathroom doesn't sound that bad.
just got to work out if I have enough for it
plus we do not know what we'll get next year :s-smilie: hopefully we'll get our first choice though.

hopefully we'll get in first!

and I've just realised you were trying to get back on track and it wasn't a hint at me oops :tongue: Ah well

LOL!!
I'll laugh if you end up in like Mary Champan for that

As if I would do that! Anyway, Mary Chapman is a good place to live. You'll find you know the city a lot better than those stuck on campus if you live there.

I must admit I did have to double check my first post after seeing 'Kites message. that would have been embarassing.
As if I would do that! Anyway, Mary Chapman is a good place to live. You'll find you know the city a lot better than those stuck on campus if you live there.

I must admit I did have to double check my first post after seeing 'Kites message. that would have been embarassing.

hook, line, and sinker!

EMBARRASSING* and, no! i didnt change anything! :smile:

im sorry :colondollar: please dont exile me to chapman haha :wink: