The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fliq
Room offer yay!! Browne house ensuite. Anyone joining me???

In a sense I am, I'm your new landlord!

Browne House is one of my buildings.

Don't break things.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 1961
Original post by UEAAccommodation
In a sense I am, I'm your new landlord!

Browne House is one of my buildings.

Don't break things.

Ohh ahaha made a friend already :tongue: hello landlord. :-)

I'll be good, promise! 0:-) Would we see you around often ?
Reply 1962
Original post by youalwaysmakemyday
quick question, guys !
should you pay the rent for 3 terms at once???

When you register at the uni you will be given some options; I believe you can either pay Termly (to coincide with UK student loans), all in one or in roughly montly installments. I think it's something like 8 installments starting in October?

They are pretty flexible in giving you different options without charging more for the privilege of paying in bits, and they don't expect you to pay anything as soon as you start, you have a little time to sort the money out with loans or whatever.

xxx
Reply 1963
I have an unconditional but haven't had an accommodation offer, should I be worried or is there other batches before the a level results come out?
I'm only worrying as i'm going to Dubai on monday for a week and i don't want to miss my offer :frown:
Original post by Fliq
Ohh ahaha made a friend already :tongue: hello landlord. :-)

I'll be good, promise! 0:-) Would we see you around often ?

You might. I try to get around the buildings when I can but I don't like to intrude too much, it's your home I'd be walking into.
Original post by Kerry-Louise123
Damn, ok I guess I can allow myself to actually get a move on now then lol. Do you know when the next ones might be going out?

Original post by zoec90
I have an unconditional but haven't had an accommodation offer, should I be worried or is there other batches before the a level results come out?
I'm only worrying as i'm going to Dubai on monday for a week and i don't want to miss my offer :frown:

I'm not going to be able to do this for everyone that didn't get an offer today but if you two want to PM me your details (I'll need your name, UEA student application number and date of birth) I can look you up on the system to make sure that everythings OK.

I'm sure that it is, as I said before we haven't done all of the allocations yet.
Have accepted my offer for Britten. Sweet as a nut :smile:
Original post by kpwxx
When you register at the uni you will be given some options; I believe you can either pay Termly (to coincide with UK student loans), all in one or in roughly montly installments. I think it's something like 8 installments starting in October?

They are pretty flexible in giving you different options without charging more for the privilege of paying in bits, and they don't expect you to pay anything as soon as you start, you have a little time to sort the money out with loans or whatever.

xxx

thanks !! this is really helpful :smile: my parents will be glad that i will have some options as being worried about this ! xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1968
I also have an unconditional but haven't had an email today :frown:
Original post by Heyyouthere
I've just accepted an offer of accommodation. I'll be in Britten House, campus Ensuite. I'm really happy as i was hoping to get campus ensuite.

So will I. Cant except my offer yet though as at my aunts and shes got an old version of IE which wont display the links. Gonna do it as soon as I'm home tonight.
Original post by chocolatedonald
Have accepted my offer for Britten. Sweet as a nut :smile:

Hello my fellower Brittener! I cant wait to move in now.
Original post by UEAAccommodation
I'm not going to be able to do this for everyone that didn't get an offer today but if you two want to PM me your details (I'll need your name, UEA student application number and date of birth) I can look you up on the system to make sure that everythings OK.

I'm sure that it is, as I said before we haven't done all of the allocations yet.

Am I right in thinking we dont find out about the flat no til we collect the keys?
Original post by jelly1000
Am I right in thinking we dont find out about the flat no til we collect the keys?

That's right. We don't finalise the room numbers until you arrive and sign your contracts. It wouldn't be very helpful to tell you were you are in the building at the moment as we might still change it.
Reply 1973
Original post by MarkyA
I also have an unconditional but haven't had an email today :frown:

Mark, us nursing students won't get our offers until at least monday at the earliest. The guy who is doing our allocations is away this week and isn't back until monday :smile:
Oooooh, I wish results would just come out now! I want to join in the accommodation excitement - hope there are rooms left over for us conditionals :smile:
Reply 1975
Congrats to anyone who gets Britten house, its the place to be :p: Though I found out my flat number when I got my accommodation offer, just had to wait till moving in day to find the room number.. odd!
Original post by Lucyyy
Congrats to anyone who gets Britten house, its the place to be :p: Though I found out my flat number when I got my accommodation offer, just had to wait till moving in day to find the room number.. odd!

Cheers, I can't wait. How big are the rooms? Is there enough space to have a friend stay over on the floor?
Reply 1977
Cheers, I can't wait. How big are the rooms? Is there enough space to have a friend stay over on the floor?

They're a pretty good size for the money compared to other unis I looked at! There's easily space on the floor to get a friend on and inflatable mattress or whatever next to the bed, wouldn't leave you with an awful lot of room to move round mind you :p: but it's no problem for a couple of nights. My favourite part of the room was the desk, it's huge!
i accepted using an alternative email address to the one on file as i have two, one is forwarding to the other. will this make any difference given that i included my name and student number or do i have to reply using the same email address as the one used to receive the offer?
Hello my fellower Brittener! I cant wait to move in now.

hullooo! not long now til the big day. am already deciding what to pack :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending