Turn on thread page Beta

grime artist/ american hiphop why so much$$$$ ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    why do all these crap american hiphop artist like "lil wayne" get alot of money for probably not even writing his own songs, and the fact he thinks he's proper gangster to.

And these english grime artist such as, sway/kano don't make it big at all, doesn't america like our grime/rap music?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Grime is ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamsarny)
    why do all these crap american hiphop artist like "lil wayne" get alot of money for probably not even writing his own songs, and the fact he thinks he's proper gangster to.

And these english grime artist such as, sway/kano don't make it big at all, doesn't america like our grime/rap music?:confused:
    They are like Magpies, they spend all their money on 'bling'. I don't think they'll make as much as you think.

Edit: I'm not saying Magpies have money, I'm suggesting they are attracted to shiny things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkel)
    Grime is ****.
    thats your opinion, but its alot deeper than american rap such as lil wayne rollin on 20's and smakin his *****es up.
    whereas devlin/sway/kano talk about home life and the streets also about the government now, especially now they are known

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creepy)
    They are like Magpies, they spend all their money on 'bling'. I don't think they'll make as much as you think.
    are you talking about americans or english?

ReputationRep:
    uk is more of a dance/pop kind of culture.. wheras america is a hip-pop/soul kind

which is why artists like cascada is so big in the UK but the likes of Estelle found it too hard to break through. As soon as she crossed over to amercia - she blew up!

simillar to what is happening taio cruz now

edit: i just realised this has no relevance to your question lol..

ReputationRep:

good for him then isnt it, hes got rich and famous from doing it

obviosuly not?
    bold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaza2345)
    uk is more of a dance/pop kind of culture.. wheras america is a hip-pop/soul kind

which is why artists like cascada is so big in the UK but the likes of Estelle found it too hard to break through. As soon as she crossed over to amercia - she blew up!

simillar to whats happening tio cruz now
    tiao cruz's old stuff was better now, hes going to america it just sounds like their s*** like the song take me back:eek:

ReputationRep:
    tiao cruz's old stuff was better now, hes going to america it just sounds like their s*** like the song take me back:eek:

thats a perfect example - compare shes like a star and take me back.
    shes like a star had a more `slow jam` back drop to it but take me back has kept the same grime lyrics but is placed on to a dance beat so appeals to uk audience more..

ReputationRep:
    are you talking about americans or english?
    Both, I guess. Although the Americans seem to be into their bling moreso than the British.

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

iv missed the point.. again lol

ReputationRep:
    thats a perfect example - compare shes like a star and take me back.
    shes like a star had a more `slow jam` back drop to it but take me back has kept the same grime lyrics but is placed on to a dance beat so appeals to uk audience more..
    to be fair Take Me Back is much more Tynchy Stryder's song than Taio Cruz's.

ReputationRep:
    Edit: I'm not saying Magpies have money
    Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Grime is ****.
    Grime's one of the only genres i'd consider decent in this field.

Answer to OP's question: Too many retards buy their music.

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

iv missed the point.. again lol

why doesn't grime music make it big and why dont americans like it.

Why do we like american music an why do they get paid so much? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Both, I guess. Although the Americans seem to be into their bling moreso than the British.
    i suppose i think the british grime scene spend alot of money on drugs and alcohol, whereas americans spend it on pimp my ride and *****es

ReputationRep:
    thats your opinion, but its alot deeper than american rap such as lil wayne rollin on 20's and smakin his *****es up.
    whereas devlin/sway/kano talk about home life and the streets also about the government now, especially now they are known
    What? You can't judge the entirety of rap on lil wayne etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yadda yadda)
    What? You can't judge the entirety of rap on lil wayne etc
    yes i know, but thats one of the most untalented of rap artists i know in america and he has alot of money good for him, i just dont think he has talent sorry

ReputationRep:
    Grime is ****.
    This.

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:
    There are so many better rappers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3105)
    This.

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:
    There are so many better rappers...
    yeh you are right, but he was just an example im not into american rap/ hiphop music but from my own experience all the mainstream stuff is like that.

i would love to hear some underground american rap

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.