Turn on thread page Beta

How easy is it to raise money for charity??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I recently did an abseil for ccharity and needed to raise £75 to be allowed to do it - i still neeed to pay and have not fully raised the 75 - struggled quite alot actually (though that was probs because i was ill over xmas and had little chance to see many friends that i had planned to) though i am now thinking of doing a 3500ft skydive and i need to pledge to raise 300 pound to be allowed to do it. it would need to be paid by june so i have a fair amount of time to be able to do it - i was just wondering if anyone had much experience in raising money for charity and could tell me how easy/hard it is and any suggestions to help me do it.

Thanks in advance guys

Sam

ReputationRep:
    £300 shouldn't be too hard. One of the best things you can do is ask your local supermarket if they will allow you to pack people's bags in exchange for donations. You can easily raise £50+ for an afternoons work.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't telling people that you're doing a 3500ft skydive to raise money for *insert charity here* enough of a persuasion to get people to sponsor you? Put yourself out there and you should hit £300 easily. Good luck with it.

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously atm people aren't giving as much to charity as they used to.
    However, if you carefully market what you're doing, then you should get the money easily enough.

GOOD LUCK! (:

x

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.