The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
emmers1990
The internet is my only friend. Well, and my cats.

i thought... I was the only one :o:
Reply 41
Bobifier
Instead of replying constructively to what I said, you could just insult me instead! :biggrin: Now I see how wrong I was to disagree with you :wink:

And, in response to your question (because, you know, some of us do actually like to respond to what we're replying to), if it wasn't for the internet, I would neither be on Facebook nor TSR right now. I can't imagine life without it! :eek: But on a more serious note, I suspect that the internet is so firmly ingrained into everything we do that it would be difficult, verging on impossible, for modern society to function without it, mostly because of co-ordination issues. There are a large number of things that are co-ordinated over the internet, such as event schedules and bookings, university open days, and just about anything centralised on the internet now. There are a lot of things floating around who's data and interface is stored on a central server that is accessed over the internet - without the internet, I think this would suddenly become very difficult to administrate. It would surprise me if various communities actually became more isolated as well, since with the loss of internet forums and social networking sites, other external communities would cease to mean quite so much to them - there are quite a lot of people who have met people over the internet that they are now friends with this, and without the internet, this kind of thing wouldn't happen any more. Finally, all the various conveniences the internet offers us would disappear, such as email, googling random information and image sharing, which, while I doubt it would have an impact on the quality of our lives, would still be an irritance.

I didn't have a response that's why I simply called you a smart arse. Smashing answer BTW mate.
Reply 42
No. x.x I would be forced to kill myself without it. :]

Latest

Trending

Trending