Turn on thread page Beta

how do u say in french either 'i wanted to go skiing' or 'i was going to go skiing but...' pls! its important and do u say 'j'ai restee dans un grand hotel' or 'j'ai restee en un grand hotel'?
    (yes i no there are accents i just cant get the comp to do them.)

ReputationRep:
    Je voulais faire du ski = i wanted to go skiing

j'avais l'intention de faire du ski mais = i was going to go skiing but

"rester" takes etre, so instead of saying "j'ai restée", which uses avoir you have to say "je suis restée". And I think it's dans un grand hotel.

o yea u can tell im not concentrating, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoTheOne)
    how do u say in french either 'i wanted to go skiing' or 'i was going to go skiing but...' pls! its important and do u say 'j'ai restee dans un grand hotel' or 'j'ai restee en un grand hotel'?
    (yes i no there are accents i just cant get the comp to do them.)
    i wanted - je voulais faire du ski..
    i would have gone - je serais allé faire du ski

wot tense would u get voulais from and is the second on pluperfect?

ReputationRep:
    wot tense would u get voulais from and is the second on pluperfect?
    imperfect and yes.

o yea one more question!! is it j'ai appendre a faire le ski and il prefere joue au foot ??

ReputationRep:
    o yea one more question!! is it j'ai appendre a faire le ski and il prefere joue au foot ??
    J'ai appris a faire du ski

Il prefere jouer au foot

ReputationRep:
    j'ai appris à faire du ski.

il préfère jouer au foot.

is that i learnt how to ski ?

ReputationRep:
    is that i learnt how to ski ?
    i have learnt to ski.

ReputationRep:
    Vienna, are you english + fluent in French or french and fluent in English?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    Vienna, are you english + fluent in French or french and fluent in English?
    hehe, is there a difference? the former. or rather, neither.

k thanks a lot, wow u and Psyche fightin it out to reply!! i shall now go and make my pluperfect paragraph perfect!!

ReputationRep:
    k thanks a lot, wow u and Psyche fightin it out to reply!! i shall now go and make my pluperfect paragraph perfect!!
    de rien.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    imperfect and yes.
    Isn't the second conditional perfect? Pluperfect is had done something, eg. j'avais mangé.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Isn't the second conditional perfect? Pluperfect is had done something, eg. j'avais mangé.
    yes, youre quite right.

rite ive done me cousework (tho this isnt all of it)which has to be in tomoro and i was wunderin if u kind ppl would just check it for mr point out major mistakes apart from there being no accents on anything

J’ai appris a faire du ski, j’adore faire du ski dans la montagne.

Je voulais faire du snowboarding avec mon frere mais mes parents etait alles au restaurant pour dejeauner, alors j’ai joue aux cartes avec mon frere, si seulement ils etaient alles plus tot.

L’annee prochain je vais aller en Suisse avec ma famille ou on fera du ski et mon frere jouera au foot. Si je suis heureux j’irai en Espagne avec me copines j’irais a la plage ou on jouait au foot

will the ou have a accent on the u? and l'annee a accent on one of the e's or only one e?!
    these are supposed to be my champion paragraph which will get me loadsa marks!! well they r supposed to be anyway

ReputationRep:
    rite ive done me cousework (tho this isnt all of it)which has to be in tomoro and i was wunderin if u kind ppl would just check it for mr point out major mistakes apart from there being no accents on anything

J’ai appris a faire du ski, j’adore faire du ski dans la montagne.

Je voulais faire du snowboarding avec mon frere mais mes parents etait alles au restaurant pour dejeauner, alors j’ai joue aux cartes avec mon frere, si seulement ils etaient alles plus tot.

L’annee prochain je vais aller en Suisse avec ma famille ou on fera du ski et mon frere jouera au foot. Si je suis heureux j’irai en Espagne avec me copines j’irais a la plage ou on jouait au foot

will the ou have a accent on the u? and l'annee a accent on one of the e's or only one e?!
    these are supposed to be my champion paragraph which will get me loadsa marks!! well they r supposed to be anyway
    Although I hardly know any french, i'm certain it's l'année

ReputationRep:
    mais mes parents etait alles
    mes parents sont allés - as it's a completed action, i presume, so should be in the perfect tense

si seulement ils etaient alles plus tot
    si seulement ils y etaient allés plus tot - shows off pronouns

dejeauner
    dejeuner

Si je suis heureux j’irai en Espagne avec me copines
    "j'irai en Espagne" should probably be in the conditional to go with the rest of the sentence, as you say, "j’irais a la plage ou on jouait au foot"

If the ou means where, it needs an accent on the u.

That's all I can see for the moment, hope it's right. My head's mashed and I'm very tired. So sorry if anything I've said is a load of rubbish.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.