Trading Simulations at Assessment Centers Watch

awm55
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get your view on trading simulations at assessment centers (the ones with the expected value). Do you think they are accurate in determining your trading ability and are they/should they be a factor when considering someone for a real trading position?

I know a few people who are great traders but apparently always stumble when it comes to the open-outcry atmosphere of these types of games.

Any thoughts?
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
Moderately accurate for certain trading roles.

If they issues with the open-outcry side of it, they have other problems with themselves that could matter far more.
awm55
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by President_Ben)
Moderately accurate for certain trading roles.

If they issues with the open-outcry side of it, they have other problems with themselves that could matter far more.
i'm guessing they are far more accurate for someone trading cash products? You definitely know better than I do!
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by awm55)
i'm guessing they are far more accurate for someone trading cash products? You definitely know better than I do!
Not necessarily. Any area where your process of thought carries substantial weight, rather than your ability to gain edge through research/pricing.
uthinkilltellu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The ones I've attended were good at showing the recruiters whether applicants were able to handle pressure* and stress, or not.

*The pressure generated by the simulators =/=always = pressure of real life trading.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (280)
27.56%
No (736)
72.44%

Watched Threads