American Apparel Watch

Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey,

http://store.americanapparel.co.uk/rsam303.html#i I love this skirt Just wondering what the sizes are like at AA? I've been reading the reviews and some people say get a size up, whilst others say they're quite small..!

So just wondering if anybody here could tell me what they're like Thanks!
sweetdarling
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
some people say get a size up, whilst others say they're quite small..!
Getting a size up means that they are small made.

I've also heard they are small so yeah maybe try a size up.
Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Oh sorry I meant, get a size down!
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I swear there was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. search it.
steph_v
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My friend has that skirt, and it's proper stretchy, but a lot of their stuff is small, so you may as well get your normal size. It's not a very flattering skirt in person, btw.
KayleeLand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeh that is an afwul skirt, there was a thread about it a few days ago. Bleurgh.

But as for AA their sizes are quite small, if the garment stretches.

edit: It actually says sometimes though on the website, that the garment will shrink the first time it's washed. So be careful.
Jingaling
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It cool, but its E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E

I have it in melange orange (had it in grey at one point but sold it to someone who wanted to look like Alexa Chung - no jokes) and I'm a 8, I bought XS. It is really stretchy too!
BigBang09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've got a gorgeous wee dress out of AA - every girl I know seems to own one in at least ONE of the colours lately haha :rolleyes:
They ARE quite small made, I'd say it helps to be able to actually try it on first if you can...
watermelon sugar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BigBang09)
I've got a gorgeous wee dress out of AA - every girl I know seems to own one in at least ONE of the colours lately haha :rolleyes:
They ARE quite small made, I'd say it helps to be able to actually try it on first if you can...
aha what dress is it? double u-neck or the figure skater?

i find that skirt runs big and is reeeally stretchy, if the op hasn't bought it yet, i'm an 8 and have it an S and XS- the S can look a bit bag lady because it's so big

edit: aussi, if you sign up for the newsletter you get a 10% discount off a purchase, a few weeks later you get 15% off a purchase and on your birthday you get 10% off your entire shopping cart :tongue: i didn't use them at the time so just signed up again and said my birthday is in a weeks time baha, my pay check will have cleared by then!
BigBang09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by watermelon sugar)
aha what dress is it? double u-neck or the figure skater?

It's actually the two-tone mini dress. Its gorgeous on!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (132)
18.38%
No (436)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (150)
20.89%

Watched Threads