Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    dont do wot? I have already bought it...
    I agree.. take it back! It it were me I'd get the wrong idea and it might ruin your friendship with her..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Two reasons.

Firstly, If you buy some really expensive thing like that, you appear to be trying to hard, and she will think 'another person loaded, so I might as well play them for all they got' sortta thing.

Secondly, she will expect bigger, better and generally more expensive things in the future off you, so come christmas, etc.

Why dont you just take her out. You will scare her away if you give her something everly expensive and materialistic.
    We do go out loads, as i said we are good friends....it is not massively expensive but is the sort of thing you might buy your girlfriend.

Thanks Infinitiy - I think i will give it her but say before hand that i dont want her to think i am expecting anything in return

ReputationRep:
    Two reasons.

Firstly, If you buy some really expensive thing like that, you appear to be trying to hard, and she will think 'another person loaded, so I might as well play them for all they got' sortta thing.

Secondly, she will expect bigger, better and generally more expensive things in the future off you, so come christmas, etc.

Why dont you just take her out. You will scare her away if you give her something everly expensive and materialistic.

Yes, but not all girls are like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    I agree.. take it back! It it were me I'd get the wrong idea and it might ruin your friendship with her..
    I think that if i make it clear that i am happy with us staying friends and say that i bought it to show that i care for her it should be ok. As i say it wasnt stupidly expensive but is quite a lot of money for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Yes, but not all girls are like that.
    Which is perhaps, why we cannot reach a decision of wht he should do. I have offered my advice, and you have offered yours. So NIKNAK its what you think you should do, we cannot force you into doing something, we can only show you the door. :cool: Its up to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I think that if i make it clear that i am happy with us staying friends and say that i bought it to show that i care for her it should be ok. As i say it wasnt stupidly expensive but is quite a lot of money for me.
    Ok well as long as your intentions are what you say they are and you explain that to her- then you will be ok

ReputationRep:
    Which is perhaps, why we cannot reach a decision of wht he should do. I have offered my advice, and you have offered yours. So NIKNAK its what you think you should do, we cannot force you into doing something, we can only show you the door. :cool: Its up to yourself.
    LOL
    BTW where's my cadbury flake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Ok well as long as your intentions are what you say they are and you explain that to her- then you will be ok
    Thanks for the advice everyone much appreciated. She knows I am quite generous around birthdays anyway so if i explain my position it should be cool - hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice everyone much appreciated. She knows I am quite generous around birthdays anyway so if i explain my position it should be cool - hopefully!
    Why do these things have to get so complicated lol!

ReputationRep:
    LOL
    BTW where's my cadbury flake?
    *Hands over scrunched up packaging*

Whoops, you shoulda asked me earlier.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine! Don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine! Don't worry!
    im the kinda guy that worries about everything lol but i'll try.

:munches on an aero bar: yum...

ReputationRep:
    *Hands over scrunched up packaging*

Whoops, you shoulda asked me earlier.
    I did you tit!
    *walks away mumbling about men ignoring women*

ReputationRep:
    I did you tit!
    *walks away mumbling about men ignoring women*
    I thought you where a dolphin, sorry echo.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you where a dolphin, sorry echo.

Hah Hah :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I SPENT A FORTUNE YESTERDAY!!!! I went to BOOTS opticians with my dad, we both had eye tests done, and I said I would buy my dad his glasses. I SPENT 600 Friggin quid!!!! Here is just some of the recipts.

Frames for me: 120
    Left lens: 50
    Right Lens: 50

Frames for dad: 140
    Left lens: 120
    Right lens: 120

That 600 quid was after discount, I paid 250 cash and the rest on credit card. Well its my dad's birthday on the 30th of this month, so I told him I would pay. He thought I was joking, and was about to pull out his money but I had already paid unknown to him.
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! !!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.