Turn on thread page Beta

Showing you're interested watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all
    What do you think the best ways of showing your interested in a girl are, without being too 'heavy'?

ReputationRep:
    Get to know them by starting a conversation about something that pops into your head. Whatever you do smile and be yourself (don't put an act on). If she is interested you will soon know.

ReputationRep:
    "Hi, how are you?"
    "Good thanks"
    "Having a good night?"
    "Yea, great, you?"
    "Great night, lost my friends though"
    "Not to worry, you can hang out with me"

It doesn't always go as planned, but nothing ever does.

ReputationRep:
    Well there is a girl i like. We have known each other for a while now, i just want to attempt to take things to the 'next level'. We get on really well, laugh a lot and be serious too. I just want to show her that i like her without coming over too heavily.

ReputationRep:
    Any advance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haaaza23)
    Well there is a girl i like. We have known each other for a while now, i just want to attempt to take things to the 'next level'. We get on really well, laugh a lot and be serious too. I just want to show her that i like her without coming over too heavily.
    You could ask her out but not in a datey way, just ask her if she wants to have lunch / see a film or something, then see how it goes...if she asks to invite a friend it may not be the best sign but if not you can have a really good time together and maybe make a light joke or two about it as a "date"...then if it goes well ask her on a proper date?

ReputationRep:
    talk about something you both like?
    ask for her number?
    smile and pay her attention to her more than the other girls around?

ReputationRep:
    I think the best thing is to talk to her, it seems the most obvious thing to do, she isnt going to mind you talking to her.

Get to know her abit more, and be yourself, im sure she will get the hint in the end!

If you are feeling like it ask to meet up with her, you have nothing to lose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    I think the best thing is to talk to her, it seems the most obvious thing to do, she isnt going to mind you talking to her.

Get to know her abit more, and be yourself, im sure she will get the hint in the end!

If you are feeling like it ask to meet up with her, you have nothing to lose
    i agree!

ReputationRep:
    We spend a lot of time together at school.. before i ask her out on an 'informal' date..i just want to show to her that i like her. I hang around with her nearly all the time. I always seem to be her center of attention and v.versa. Like i say we always laugh and joke around.

ReputationRep:
    A female friend of mine said that the best way to get a girl to like you is to pay her loads of attention when you are on your own, then almost completely ignore her when around other people, girls especially. Apparently this will make her jealous and want you.

Just for the record I didn't ask her, my loser ex-friend did and I overheard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Matt)
    A female friend of mine said that the best way to get a girl to like you is to pay her loads of attention when you are on your own, then almost completely ignore her when around other people, girls especially. Apparently this will make her jealous and want you.

Just for the record I didn't ask her, my loser ex-friend did and I overheard.
    A boy has done that to me but it just leaves you questioning whether or not they do like you and whether or not they are going to commit or just end up cheating because of all the attention they seem to pay to other girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elldee)
    A boy has done that to me but it just leaves you questioning whether or not they do like you and whether or not they are going to commit or just end up cheating because of all the attention they seem to pay to other girls.
    I think thats the point :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sampshogg)
    I think thats the point :p:
    Obviously, but then you persuade yourself that its not worth it and lose interest

ReputationRep:
    Anymore advice?
    I want to try and break down the 'touch barrier'..flirting?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone???? pleaaase

ReputationRep:
    Flirt, flirt, flirt.

Tease, touch, joke, etc.

ReputationRep:
    But with touching, i dont want to cross any boundaries.
    Any ideas for 'lightly' touching?

ReputationRep:
    lighlty tapping on shoulder and ask "you want a drink?".....or cheeky goodbye hug...or if out at a dancing ask if she wants to dance? or pass something liek coffee or food or woteave in a way that your hands touch?

dunno if thats helpful...or not

ReputationRep:
    I could do that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.