The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

no
well that'd raise the whole issue of the possibility of taking actions to avoid your own death and changing the future, the implications of which would make my head explode there and then, so no. and i'd only want to see my death if it was a cool death, like in an explosion or something, not dying in my sleep.
Reply 3
No and No.

If I knew, I'd been worrying about that day approaching
Reply 4
Being able to see your death implies a reality where the future if fixed; you are destined to die at such a time in such a way; it is so and always will be.

I think it would set your life in context, and allow you to live to the fullest.
Reply 5
Absolutely not. It'd add a huge sense of dread over my life.
Reply 6
It would be nice to know you would die peacefully... but i wouldnt want to know if it would be a bad death.
Reply 7
bti like that film stranger than fiction.
Reply 8
but.. how would it be possible?
like.. if that was possible i'd have to rethink everything about everything.
are you being hypothetical or do you have the answers?
xxx
Reply 9
Sartre_1337
Being able to see your death implies a reality where the future if fixed; you are destined to die at such a time in such a way; it is so and always will be.

I think it would set your life in context, and allow you to live to the fullest.

I imagine the whole living your life to the fullest would depend on when you were told that you would die though - if you were shown a date in seventy years time, you wouldn't be worrying, seeing as that would be considered a very good life span and would give you a lot of time to accomplish everything that you wanted to do. You could quite easily push the date to the back of your mind (well, maybe not very easily, but you could do it).

On the other hand, if you were told that you'd die in a months time and that there was nothing you could do about it, even though you knew the cause of your death because it was fixed, I doubt you'd be living your life to it's fullest in that time - you wouldn't have the time to adjust to the idea and would spend those last days worrying and sad about your impending doom.

Or maybe that's just me. I'd rather have it kept a secret, in any case. Kinda like a final surprise xD
Reply 10
Yes:Yes

Because if it was set in stone, I could pull crazy **** like jumping off of buildings and firing guns at myself to win money. A la the family guy episode where Death hurts his ankle.
Reply 11
Soxi
I imagine the whole living your life to the fullest would depend on when you were told that you would die though - if you were shown a date in seventy years time, you wouldn't be worrying, seeing as that would be considered a very good life span and would give you a lot of time to accomplish everything that you wanted to do. You could quite easily push the date to the back of your mind (well, maybe not very easily, but you could do it).

On the other hand, if you were told that you'd die in a months time and that there was nothing you could do about it, even though you knew the cause of your death because it was fixed, I doubt you'd be living your life to it's fullest in that time - you wouldn't have the time to adjust to the idea and would spend those last days worrying and sad about your impending doom.

Or maybe that's just me. I'd rather have it kept a secret, in any case. Kinda like a final surprise xD

If I knew I was to die in a month I would not waste my time with work, school, saving money, being bored. I would like so recklessly and enjoy every second. If I diddn't know I was going to die I would be too preoccupied with simply surviving that I wouldn't really live.
I'd rather know!
1. Yes
2. It depends
ignorance is bliss
Reply 14
No I wouldn't really want to know.
Reply 15
I put no;no but thinking about it more i'm remembering the words of a teacher at our school who died very suddenly. He said 'to not to know is bad but to not want to know is worse.' He was probably quoting from someone famous which I completly missed but there's truth in those words and it would make you appreciate life more. I don't think I'd want to know how though in case it was really bad.
Reply 16
Well if I knew how I was going to die and on what date then I could prevent it. For example say if I was going to die in a plane crash in 2015 then I wouldn't get into a plane. Simple.
shark67
Well if I knew how I was going to die and on what date then I could prevent it. For example say if I was going to die in a plane crash in 2015 then I wouldn't get into a plane. Simple.

unless the plane crashes onto you from the sky, like lands on your house.
Reply 18
wannabe mexican
unless the plane crashes onto you from the sky, like lands on your house.

lmfao
No and No.

I had to think about the first one, because I could use my time more effectively etc, but it would get me down if it was sooner than I expected. But I certainly wouldn't want to know how! I'd be freaking out in case it came early.. If I knew it was a car crash, I'd probably avoid cars even if I had 20 years left in me..

Latest

Trending

Trending