Hard choice: Leicester or Queen Mary, for an LLB Watch

2Pac best rapper ever!
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I will be doing law at university and have offers from both Leicester and Queen Mary of AAA. I was wondering some viewpoints of yours as to the social side of each university. The academics are simple; QM is better for law. The night-life is simple; London is much better.

However, other things like atmosphere, cost of living and much more come into it, so I was wondering which one you would choose.

I am an international student; the best I can do is look at photos. I am interested in having a good nightlife aswell as being able to relax and have fun during the day.

Thanks
J4GGYBoss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
its all the same its up to you if you succeed
Diaz89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if come to this country and don't have any offers from either oxford or Cambridge then it's best to stick with London, so I'd go with Queen Mary.
Grapevine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 2Pac best rapper ever!)
I will be doing law at university and have offers from both Leicester and Queen Mary of AAA. I was wondering some viewpoints of yours as to the social side of each university. The academics are simple; QM is better for law. The night-life is simple; London is much better.

However, other things like atmosphere, cost of living and much more come into it, so I was wondering which one you would choose.

I am an international student; the best I can do is look at photos. I am interested in having a good nightlife aswell as being able to relax and have fun during the day.

Thanks
Leicester will have a lower cost of living, Leicester will be more quiet and less busy, Leicester still offers good nightlife - I know someone there that is having a great time. Ermmmm, Queen Mary has a slighter better reputation, but not significantly better, in fact, national league tables put Leicester above Queen Mary overall.

That's about it really. They are both decent universities.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise