Classed as an Overseas student, when I'm meant to be a home student Watch

02mik_e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
hey, I just got an offer from Warwick, but I'm being classed as a Overseas student, which I'm not. I had this same problem with Newcastle and Nottingham, but I then just had to fill out some forms and got classed as a Home student. If I were to call them up, would they change it?
mizzsnazzter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My friend had that for durham, they withdrew her offer and said she had gone back into the "system"
If i may ask. why do all these universities think you are overseas..? you must have put something on your ucas to imply it.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ring them and fine out
02mik_e
Rep:
?
(Original post by mizzsnazzter)
My friend had that for durham, they withdrew her offer and said she had gone back into the "system"
If i may ask. why do all these universities think you are overseas..? you must have put something on your ucas to imply it.
Yeah I put my nationality as Nigerian instead of British. I have a British Passport and everything. It was a silly mistake, now they're going to withdraw my offer
mizzsnazzter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
whoops! its not like "Nigerian" is near "British" on the list! lol well i wish you luck anyways!
02mik_e
Rep:
?
Thanks
02mik_e
Rep:
?
whoops! its not like "Nigerian" is near "British" on the list! lol well i wish you luck anyways!
Sorry another question. Did your friend get the offer in the end or is she still waiting?
mizzsnazzter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 02mik_e)
Sorry another question. Did your friend get the offer in the end or is she still waiting?
still waiting.. and she was told that in november! but then its durham and they havent really given out any home students offers yet.. what are you applying for?
02mik_e
Rep:
?
still waiting.. and she was told that in november! but then its durham and they havent really given out any home students offers yet.. what are you applying for?
arghh I'm soo stupid. I'm applying for Politics. I've now got to call up Bristol and tell them I'm a home student, not international.
mizzsnazzter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
arghh I'm soo stupid. I'm applying for Politics. I've now got to call up Bristol and tell them I'm a home student, not international.
which one is your first choice?
02mik_e
Rep:
?
which one is your first choice?
tbh I'm really undecided, but I have yet to have heard from Bristol, so my decision is easy for now....
e-m-i-l-y
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Overseas students theoretically have a better chance of getting earlier offers, because we have to pay more and we don't count towards the set number of people a course has to have..
If it wasn't for the extortionate fee's it would be amazing.
(I live in a crown dependancy, but their government pays my fee's)

Sucks for you OP, you need to ring up all your uni's to make sure they know you are a home student.
02mik_e
Rep:
?
(Original post by e-m-i-l-y)
Overseas students theoretically have a better chance of getting earlier offers, because we have to pay more and we don't count towards the set number of people a course has to have..

Sucks for you OP, you need to ring up all your uni's to make sure they know you are a home student.
Yeah thanks I've had the same problem with notts and newcastle, but got it sorted. It's just that I really don't want them to withdraw my offer.
PokerHead
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Erm hello, sorry for hijacking your thread. I'm a swedish passport holder and applied for uni this year. I've been living in wales for the past 11 years, i'm sure i wouldn't be classed as an overseas student or.....?
supernovastarfish
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by e-m-i-l-y)
i'm sure this applies to LSE.

i'm still classed as overseas so i'm going to wait a year before i apply

(Original post by PokerHead)
Erm hello, sorry for hijacking your thread. I'm a swedish passport holder and applied for uni this year. I've been living in wales for the past 11 years, i'm sure i wouldn't be classed as an overseas student or.....?
prove you have property etc. and prove you've actually lived here for 11 years..and then again since you have a swedish passport you're part of the EU so the gov will subsidise your tuition xD
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I put my nationality as Nigerian instead of British. I have a British Passport and everything. It was a silly mistake, now they're going to withdraw my offer
You can be Nigerian if you want...
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PokerHead)
Sweden's EU, IIRC, you're apparently a 'Home' student.
02mik_e
Rep:
?
hey thanks for the help I got it sorted today. I called them and they said that my offer would not be withdrawn. They just said it was easier to class me as an international applicant, because they were unsure of my status. A fee status questionnaire should be sent through the post.
PokerHead
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
Sweden's EU, IIRC, you're apparently a 'Home' student.
allllriiite. That's good to know.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.81%
No (661)
60.64%
Not really bothered about them (224)
20.55%

Watched Threads