Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i've used earplugs for the last 3 years and am reliant on them now, but i don't have any trouble hearing my alarm clock. They reduce the level of noise but don't completely eliminate it usually, but enough so i'm not disturbed by my nextdoor neighbours
    i get mine from the 'snorestore' (google it) where they have a large range of different ones available

ReputationRep:
    I use Quies, theyre wax and work SO much better then the foam ones, I really recommend getting some wax ones, I got mines from Tescos pharmacist so I reckon theyre pretty widely available Oh, and I have no trouble hearing the alarm (But I do have trouble with not pressing the snooze button 10 times before I actually get up!)

ReputationRep:
    I have the yellow travel ones from Boots; they are foamy type ones but they're really good! Maybe you could get reliant, but I only use them when sharing a room with someone (except the bf) so I don't really know. I can't hear anything though, so I use the alarm on my phone on vibrate and leave it under my pillow lol.

ReputationRep:
    I normally just use cotton wool. But yes, I use them most nights and don't have any trouble hearing the alarm - responding to it is another matter, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate0904)
    i've used earplugs for the last 3 years and am reliant on them now, but i don't have any trouble hearing my alarm clock. They reduce the level of noise but don't completely eliminate it usually, but enough so i'm not disturbed by my nextdoor neighbours
    i get mine from the 'snorestore' (google it) where they have a large range of different ones available
    Thank you! I visited snorestore and ordered a bunch of samples, the information and decibel numbers are so helpful.

(Original post by IlexAquifolium)
    I normally just use cotton wool. But yes, I use them most nights and don't have any trouble hearing the alarm - responding to it is another matter, of course.
    Will cotton wool pose a health risk? I'd be scared that bits might break off and get stuck in my ear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikipip)
    Thank you! I visited snorestore and ordered a bunch of samples, the information and decibel numbers are so helpful.

Will cotton wool pose a health risk? I'd be scared that bits might break off and get stuck in my ear.
    I occasionally use cotton wool pads - the sort of ones you use to remove makeup (i tear them in half and roll them up) which works quite well when my ears need a rest from the slightly more solid earplugs i usually use

ReputationRep:
    Nah i wear buttplugs instead

how do they help you sleep though apart from blocking out noise but unless you live on an industrial site i really don't see the need for them. Perhaps take a bath or something before you go to sleep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate0904)
    I occasionally use cotton wool pads - the sort of ones you use to remove makeup (i tear them in half and roll them up) which works quite well when my ears need a rest from the slightly more solid earplugs i usually use
    Ah ok, I will be doing this while I wait for my earplugs to arrive! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I worked in halls of residence and lived in halls at the same time. I wouldn't have been able to sleep without ear plugs. I can still hear my alarm fine it just makes me less likely to want to attack other students when they make noise.

ReputationRep:
    I have to because of the sincere amount of noise coming from the main road outside. Badly fitting, single glazed sash window + main road = me going totally mad.

Earplugs ftw. I can still hear my alarm, but it's on my phone and it just gets louder and louder until I hear it. They always fall out during the night, though, so each morning involves The Great Earplug Hunt in my bed. :o:

ReputationRep:
    i use earplugs because my rooms next to a boilerroom that makes the worst noise ever, but i used a lot of rubbish types that didnt really work till i found these new ones called bio ears i think,they were a godsend, i suggest them

Earplugs are infection central.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.