Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I wanna do a gap year to eaither africa or india teaching with some travelling at the end. is anyone interested in doing something similar or have any advice to help me with? dearyxxx
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by deary_ma_leary)
    Ok, I wanna do a gap year to eaither africa or india teaching with some travelling at the end. is anyone interested in doing something similar or have any advice to help me with? dearyxxx
    No advice but a couple of good websites

http://www.gapyear.com is really good

and the lonely planet website (especially the something tree (thorn tree?) forums) is absolutely brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    No advice but a couple of good websites

http://www.gapyear.com is really good

and the lonely planet website (especially the something tree (thorn tree?) forums) is absolutely brilliant.
    thanks. ive been to gapyear.com already but was just wondering if anyone here had thought about it. there's a company - travllers worldwide - which ive been looking at but i have heard nothing about them anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deary_ma_leary)
    thanks. ive been to gapyear.com already but was just wondering if anyone here had thought about it. there's a company - travllers worldwide - which ive been looking at but i have heard nothing about them anywhere.
    there's a company called trekforce that organise trips to africa and central america.

trekforce website

don't know if this is useful

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Ghana for 7 months in January with Teaching Projects Abroad. I've heard of Travellers Worldwide but don't know much about them... try asking on the Gap year website message board I'm sure you'll find some1 who'll share their knowledge with you! You may even find some1 going with them or who has been with them!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.