This discussion is closed.
deary_ma_leary
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Ok, I wanna do a gap year to eaither africa or india teaching with some travelling at the end. is anyone interested in doing something similar or have any advice to help me with? dearyxxx
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by deary_ma_leary)
Ok, I wanna do a gap year to eaither africa or india teaching with some travelling at the end. is anyone interested in doing something similar or have any advice to help me with? dearyxxx
No advice but a couple of good websites

http://www.gapyear.com is really good

and the lonely planet website (especially the something tree (thorn tree?) forums) is absolutely brilliant.
deary_ma_leary
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
No advice but a couple of good websites

http://www.gapyear.com is really good

and the lonely planet website (especially the something tree (thorn tree?) forums) is absolutely brilliant.
thanks. ive been to gapyear.com already but was just wondering if anyone here had thought about it. there's a company - travllers worldwide - which ive been looking at but i have heard nothing about them anywhere.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by deary_ma_leary)
thanks. ive been to gapyear.com already but was just wondering if anyone here had thought about it. there's a company - travllers worldwide - which ive been looking at but i have heard nothing about them anywhere.
there's a company called trekforce that organise trips to africa and central america.

trekforce website

don't know if this is useful

lou xxx
La_la_la
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm going to Ghana for 7 months in January with Teaching Projects Abroad. I've heard of Travellers Worldwide but don't know much about them... try asking on the Gap year website message board I'm sure you'll find some1 who'll share their knowledge with you! You may even find some1 going with them or who has been with them!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (67)
52.76%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.87%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.02%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
25.98%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.36%

Watched Threads