Information from actual loughborough students Watch

360Eddie
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Well as you can see from my sig i've been made an offer for Information Management for Business

Just need some actual students point of view of loughborough, i.e. student life the course and the campus and area. Is it a good university, nice people and a fun place to be because thats all i need really.

Thanksyaaa
AndiPeters
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
C'mon you Leeds

Marchin on together!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nice/friendly people (me)
Nice campus
Good student life

You should really come see for yourself.
360Eddie
(Original post by Rosaaa)
Nice/friendly people (me)
Nice campus
Good student life

You should really come see for yourself.
Yes... I would have come sooner if i wouldn't have had to ask 3 times for loughborough campus tour after being made an offer. Shocking!
360Eddie
(Original post by AndiPeters)
C'mon you Leeds

Marchin on together!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
doodle7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well...I go to Sheffield Uni but my boyfriend lives in Loughborough so I go there quite alot. Obviously I can't comment on the course or the uni but its just out of town...the nightlife is pretty good - average really but I think Sheffield's better! :P
Sorry I can't be much help but the main difference between the two is that Loughborough is only a small town so it hasn't got all of the amenities n stuff that a bigger city like sheffield has...but it depends what your after really
member159703
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Student Life:
Well can't compare it to anywhere, but I love it. Everyone is pretty safe, no snobbery or any of that crap. It basically has a relaxed atmosphere.
Course:
No idea about yours.
Campus:
Well I'm in the student village. The village could be a self contained town. It has a shop, The Purple Onion (P.O.), a fast food place Papa Simon's, Library is near and lectures are near enough. Most importantly the union is about 6 minutes walk from the centre of the village. Rest of the campus is pretty much the same. The library has a cafe in it, and then various buildings scattered round campus have small shops so you can pick up a snack or get the paper. Also, as you would expect, a huge number of sports facilities which I cant be bothered to name.
Area:
Well the town isnt exactly near, but not far either. If you cut through the college, its about 12-15 minutes walk from the union. The town is a bit crap for shops if I'm honest. Only a primark Topshop (but not topman) a guys clothes shop and TK Maxx. Then a fair few pound shops, wilkinsons, JJB boots, currys, smiths and finally sainsburys. Tesco is probably a bit further than sainsburys but in a totally different direction.
Going out in town can be varied. Club wise, there's Wild, Rapture and Echoes. Then loads of bars like Vodka Revs, Vice Versa Custard house, custard bar, and then loads of pubs. (I probably forgot a few too).

Hope that helps
(+ rep if it does
R
360Eddie
Tyvm
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 360Eddie)
Lol! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
No
suicidal_dream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the campus is what drew me to loughborough first =] its pretty ace having everything in one place... and i actually really like the library - its a good size and tbh, the resources available in there are pretty good too.

The union is pretty sweet =]
Memphis
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by suicidal_dream)
the campus is what drew me to loughborough first =] its pretty ace having everything in one place... and i actually really like the library - its a good size and tbh, the resources available in there are pretty good too.

The union is pretty sweet =]
Ditto. That and the eurofighter.
member159703
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Memphis)
Me too. Amazing campus.
And yes the eurofighter. Hopefully they'll get an F1 car now a graduate is working at Renault F1
azhao
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't go to Loughborough but I've lived here for the last 8 years and its a really great place by all accounts.
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What is a eurofighter?
member159703
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Big fat fighter jet in AAE
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Obviously the reason I came to Loughborough too, haha.
Can I have a go?
member159703
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
on the fighter jet?
If you ask nicely.
No engine though....
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh.
You would have thought the fact it's in the engineering department, there would be an engine ;D
thomasp
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Memphis)
It's not a Eurofighter. It's a prototype to the Eurofighter Typhoon, officially called the Experimental Aircraft Programme or EAP. Eurofighter was "formed" after that plane was built. It's also the only one of its kind in existence.

And the engines are there - they're just not installed in the aircraft :p: They're on the benches around it!

As for the campus, I love it. It's really big and open which is what drew me to it.
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thomas is all clued up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (296)
25.92%
Yes - they're famous (292)
25.57%
No I don't (554)
48.51%

Watched Threads