Turn on thread page Beta

I am so sick of Facebook! watch

I'm sick of going on there and when leaving a message on my boyfriend's profile or wall or whatever it's called I see loads of girls talking to him...it really pees me off!(also it doesn't help that we don't get to see each other often as he's at uni and then there's pictures of him and his girl mates and argghhhh am I just a jealous freak???

ReputationRep:
    I hate facebook too.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to remember he is your boyfriend, not those girls on his wall. I can see how it would make you get abit annoyed and jaelous as they get to see him more then he see's you. But im afraid it is part of life, if you go on his facebook expecting him to only be talking to guys then its not going to be the case. Is your relationship okay other then not being able to see him that often? If so i would say you just need to get used to it, he has friends that are girls, your his girlfriend, you mean the most to him.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have it but i'm being encouraged to get it before i go to uni because obviously to stay in touch with people. But, stuff like facebook, myspace, msn they all breed jelousy, competition (e.g. petty covert things like whos got the most picture or friends etc). Makes people have another reason to feel inadequate.

ReputationRep:
    I find that its a good way to get back in touch, or just keep tabs with people that you haven't seen for twenty years...

I'm sure it will be replaced by something else in under five years, just as Friends Reunited is going the way of the Dodo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elldee)
    I don't have it but i'm being encouraged to get it before i go to uni because obviously to stay in touch with people. But, stuff like facebook, myspace, msn they all breed jelousy, competition (e.g. petty covert things like whos got the most picture or friends etc). Makes people have another reason to feel inadequate.
    Can't say I've ever experienced that or witnessed it happen, no one really cares about stuff like that. Only people insecure enough to let it affect them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bete noire)
    Can't say I've ever experienced that or witnessed it happen, no one really cares about stuff like that. Only people insecure enough to let it affect them
    I am, because i feel like i'll get facebook (i'm late starter, all my friends have it) and i'll be all inexperienced so...it's made me feel inadequate, and yes because i'm insecure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm sick of going on there and when leaving a message on my boyfriend's profile or wall or whatever it's called I see loads of girls talking to him...it really pees me off!(also it doesn't help that we don't get to see each other often as he's at uni and then there's pictures of him and his girl mates and argghhhh am I just a jealous freak???
    You are just paranoid, and this can cause negative results in a relationship. If you trust your boyfriend, then you know that the girls are just friends and nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, jealous and paranoid. I was the same. Delete your facebook, seriously. I won't cos I love it too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elldee)
    I am, because i feel like i'll get facebook (i'm late starter, all my friends have it) and i'll be all inexperienced so...it's made me feel inadequate, and yes because i'm insecure.
    It's really not something that people actually care about. I've never seen or heard anyone make fun of someone for having less friends, or pictures or whatever than another person. Unlike myspace people just use it as a way of keeping in touch with acquaintances and friends old and new. Hardly anyone uses facebook as a way to establish their place on the social hierarchy.

ReputationRep:
    Its puerile nonsense. Delete it. Nothing of any substance ever gets aired on facebook

ReputationRep:

I know what you mean, i am exactly the same but then all i do is go and look at my own pics and think how i would feel if he was the one in mine and that is much worse!!

btw thats only because i am in uni n because of havin lots of new friends and events like carnage they are not the best pictures!! and trust me all the boys in the pics with me i would never dream, or ever thought of infact, of getting with any of them, just think, do you have boy mates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bristol_06)
    Its puerile nonsense. Delete it. Nothing of any substance ever gets aired on facebook
    Not everything in this world has to be substantial. Have you ever heard of "fun"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bete noire)
    Not everything in this world has to be substantial. Have you ever heard of "fun"?

Fun is seriously over-rated. For example I got distracted playing Little Big Planet last night when I was supposed to be clearing up the kitchen. Before I knew it it was 3am and I hadn't done a damn thing.

Needless to say that particular piece of 'fun' is biting me in the arse today, as not only am I tired, but my wife is pretty certain to spend most of the day arguing with me and basically having a go at me for staying up too late...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Don't use it then

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you are.

Tell him, then tell him to leave you until you feel ready to have a grown-up relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stomm)
    I find that its a good way to get back in touch, or just keep tabs with people that you haven't seen for twenty years...

I'm sure it will be replaced by something else in under five years, just as Friends Reunited is going the way of the Dodo...
    I agree .

ReputationRep:
    You sound really possessive. He is allowed to talk to other girls you know. Give him some space and chill out.

ReputationRep:
    De-activate your account. You will feel much better about it, and hopefully live life more fully!

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is pretty keck in lots of ways but I just can't delete it. Everytime I go on my boyfriend's profile his whole wall will be posts from other birds, I've learnt just to not let it bother me but it can be really hard. Facebook should be banned.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.