The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

vapid slut magician
they were 10. they've served longer than drink drivers get for accidentally offing someone which frankly is worse.

accidentally offing someone? I don't see how that is worse.
And I mean they should be in prison for the rest of their lives
Reply 121
vapid slut magician
they were 10. they've served longer than drink drivers get for accidentally offing someone which frankly is worse.

Frankly you are a tard :rolleyes:
Reply 122
I think that yes, they were children. But they were totally aware of what they were doing and this was a totally evil act in every way. Was there an appology from them? Please remember that they malliciously killed an innocent child. It is sick. 10 years in prison is ridiculous. I am pretty appalled at the fact that the 'life' sentance currently stands in the uk as 14 years. Oh my god. 14 years?! Murderers only face 14 years, serial rapists, terrorists. Its totally obsurd. I cannot believe that two children could be quite to intentially vile. It actually really upsets me aswell and worries me in many ways.
Reply 123
Celtic_Anthony
Affection for them? Hardly, I don't know them. I do put some faith in our criminal justice system, rehabilitation and all that goes with it.

You're a wee bit of order, by the way. You must be a hardman, slinging insults from behind your computer.

Cretins who think they know it all annoy me. Just because you think they repent for what they did (which is doubtful, as one of them was stabbed according to a newspaper when he got into a fight over his girlfriend) should be allowed to walk free for committing the most atrocious crime thinkable.

They should still be in jail if this countries law system was any use. But no, not only do we release prisoners early, we let them invent new lives for themselves. I for one, won't go along with this. You must have a bigger heart than me for you can show compassion, I can't not when it comes to killing babies for kicks! :mad:
sugar_and_spice
accidentally offing someone? I don't see how that is worse.
And I mean they should be in prison for the rest of their lives

It's worse because it's an adult doing something illegal that they know could results in death. two 10 years old messed up kids killing a toddler is 2 messed up kids.

One would hope they've gotten what was lacking in the institutions they were sent. The reason we have people on parole boards and judges and juries is to make these decision for us and if they make the decision to protect the identity of these two (which I don't see they've much choice about) then we have to accept that.

No one made this much fuss over Mary Bell and she's been wandering free for years and even has a kid of her own. People generally tend to change between being 10 and being adults.
jessie437
I think that yes, they were children. But they were totally aware of what they were doing and this was a totally evil act in every way. Was there an appology from them? Please remember that they malliciously killed an innocent child. It is sick. 10 years in prison is ridiculous. I am pretty appalled at the fact that the 'life' sentance currently stands in the uk as 14 years. Oh my god. 14 years?! Murderers only face 14 years, serial rapists, terrorists. Its totally obsurd. I cannot believe that two children could be quite to intentially vile. It actually really upsets me aswell and worries me in many ways.

on the interview tapes you hear them ask to tell the kid's mum that they're sorry.
CHAMON
Cretins who think they know it all annoy me. Just because you think they repent for what they did (which is doubtful, as one of them was stabbed according to a newspaper when he got into a fight over his girlfriend) should be allowed to walk free for committing the most atrocious crime thinkable.

They should still be in jail if this countries law system was any use. But no, not only do we release prisoners early, we let them invent new lives for themselves. I for one, won't go along with this. You must have a bigger heart than me for you can show compassion, I can't not when it comes to killing babies for kicks! :mad:

But then what you are saying is that because the sentencing system is flawed, these men's lives should be put at risk? It's hardly their fault they didn't get life imprisonment, do they deserve to die because of it, due to lack of protection?
CHAMON

Well, at least you've toned down the abuse. You've just gotten a wee bit hysterical. Seeing as you're not going along with it, what are you going to do, out of interest?

They were ten years old, their upbringing was what shaped them and is the real thing responsible. Despicable crime, yes. Punished and rehabilitated, yes- according to those with far more knowledge of the issue than ourselves.
They are pure evil and that will never change
Reply 129
vapid slut magician

Slut (how apt) you say it's worse? this was premeditated. Drink drivers don't go out wanting to kill, although they may do. It can't be compared! :rolleyes:
hannah17clg

good example of those i mention in my post. well done.
hannah17clg

Who are you to decide that? Some leading authority on psychiatry/criminal psychology?
Reply 132
vapid slut magician
It's worse because it's an adult doing something illegal that they know could results in death. two 10 years old messed up kids killing a toddler is 2 messed up kids.

You make it sound like they just nicked some dust caps or something. They ******* bricked a baby to death! How can you even dream of comparing that to someone being slightly negligent and drink driving?

Did you thinking that abducting and killing little children was OK, when you were ten?

One would hope they've gotten what was lacking in the institutions they were sent. The reason we have people on parole boards and judges and juries is to make these decision for us and if they make the decision to protect the identity of these two (which I don't see they've much choice about) then we have to accept that.

That's a sheep talking, no? Got to follow the herd, right into the slaughterhouse...
Reply 133
the law is there to protect people

no matter how horrible their crimes were they should be protected, not open to attacks from mobs
Reply 134
They shouldn't be protected
They knew what they were doing
Life should mean life
CHAMON
Slut (how apt) you say it's worse? this was premeditated. Drink drivers don't go out wanting to kill, although they may do. It can't be compared! :rolleyes:

drink drivers do go out at least aware they might kill, they choose to drink and drive and it can lead to death. There's a reason they changed the law to make killing someone with your car manslaughter instead of dangerous driving.

how is slut 'apt'? that makes no sense in the context.
StuBird
They shouldn't be protected
They knew what they were doing
Life should mean life

they were never sentenced to life though. As a juvenile murderer you get a sentence at her majesty's leisure.
Leave them alone.
vapid slut magician

No one made this much fuss over Mary Bell and she's been wandering free for years and even has a kid of her own. People generally tend to change between being 10 and being adults.

Messed up kids = slight understatement
Pavlik
You make it sound like they just nicked some dust caps or something. They ******* bricked a baby to death! How can you even dream of comparing that to someone being slightly negligent and drink driving?

Did you thinking that abducting and killing little children was OK, when you were ten?

That's a sheep talking, no? Got to follow the herd, right into the slaughterhouse...

sheep? that's a good argument. maybe you should run for parliament.

drink driving is not 'slighing negligent' I think it's certainly comparable to this crime since 10 year olds, whilst arguably knowing right from wrong, don't possess the reasoning skills to foresee the implications of their actions.

Latest